POTC 1 and 2 blu ray sound probs?

p.e.no1

Novice Member
hi i posted a question in the trilogy thread further down but feel i need to start a thread hopefully can get a wider audience.i bought the 1st 2 films through avforums classified last week.when i play the films i get no sound whatsoever during film playback although through the menus and adverts i get full sound.i`ve tried all dts/dolby options on my player and also through all options on discs.this is on both films????
i`m using a sony bdv e870 to play these.all other BD i have work flawlessly.the bloke i bought from says they played fine on his samsung player,the other film i bought of him plays fine so pretty sure they`re not faulty.
so.. i was just wondering if any other members have had probs with these 2 films and if so how to resolve issue of sound or any other tips i could try?

cheers

nwgarratt

The disc will be fine and sounds like a audio settings needs to be changed.

Looking at the manual try these settings. I assume you are using the speakers only and not a AV amp on the HDMI out.

BD audio Mix - On
Audio DRC - Auto
Audio Output - Speaker

The LPCM 5.1 will come out in 2 channel (needs a HD amp for full 5.1) so DD 5.1 audio needs to be selected.

mentasm

Distinguished Member
OP, can you give more info? What are the current settings? The manual indicates that the kit supports all audio formats, so there has to be a config issue somewhere.

The post above is a good starting point, although personally I'd leave Audio DRC off as it has a tendency to make some soundtracks stupidly quiet.

nwgarratt

OP, can you give more info? What are the current settings? The manual indicates that the kit supports all audio formats, so there has to be a config issue somewhere.

The post above is a good starting point, although personally I'd leave Audio DRC off as it has a tendency to make some soundtracks stupidly quiet.
Auto for DRC is supposed to use the dynamic range set on the disc.

mentasm

Distinguished Member
I know, but as anyone who's ever used it in conjunction with Iron Man will tell you, it can and does go wrong!

p.e.no1

Novice Member
hi thanks for replys.this is strange for me i did turn drc off and still got no sound.when i went to chapter 2 sound suddenly came on.went back to 1st chapter and seems sound is sorted???as said is strange but at least i got it working.thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom