posturization Samsung PS50A656

ener1

This is by no means meant to be a scientific solution but i thought i would like to pass the following on to others having the same issue:

I was having the issues with my brand new Samsung, only on SD/HD material running through a Humax Foxsat HD box and earlier through a SKY HD box.

Today i went to a local AUdio/Video shop and took both boxes with me. The SKy HD and Humax were both connected to a Pioneer 5090 and none of the posturization issues were visible.

I believe that there is nothing much you can do about it unless you get another panel from for example Pioneer. Shame, cause with Bluray the Samsung is really very good.

The only question i wanted to ask is whether a firmware upgarde would solve this issue? Before i take the plunge and get a Pioneer

Ener1

tman

A firmware upgrade could help solve the problem, but it depends whether Samsung acknowledge there is a problem!

I really don't notice it that much on my 656. Been running the same settings from day one, and watch little SD through the internal tuner. Most other stuff I watch/play is upscaled to 1080P through my amp or media center.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom