Posting photos on a Website advice please

DPB1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have been asked to take some photos of houses and interiors to put on a website and am wondering what settings to use on my Nikon D200.

I usually shoot Raw and then save as jpeg in Photoshop but am not sure on the size of file required for websites. Shotting Raw would usually be in the region of 20MB per photo reducing down to about 4MB as a jpeg. Would this be OK to put on a website or still too large a file.

Should I therefore just shoot as jpeg and have a smaller file. I don't want to shoot too low for quality.

Any advice on interior shots would also be usefil - ie ISO 200 f8 etc.

Thanks

Dave

If they are images to be downloaded as files (zip, jpg etc) then they can be a couple of Mb easily.

If they are to go in a webpage layout they will need to be optimised in Photoshop, Picasa or whatever. The smaller the better (in file size) but you should still be able to get a decent quality / filesize balance if you play around a little with the optimisation tools in ure chosen app. good luck! :thumbsup:

As a sidenote, still shoot RAW - at least then your originals are in RAW and you can convert them to whatever you want. I would recommend asking the website owner exactly what they want from you, file wise.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom