Posting a PJ?

simuk84

Hi,

I'm in the process of selling my screenplay 4805 to another forum member but we live too far apart for collection. Could anyone recommend a courier which would cover a projector in the event of loss or damage. I checked with Interparcel after reading a recommendation somewhere and even though projectors are not mentioned on their list of restricted item, I emailed to check and they say that anything that contains glass is restricted. This seems to be the case with a lot of couriers.

Any help?

Many Thanks

Simon

jacko5

Hi,

I'm in the process of selling my screenplay 4805 to another forum member but we live too far apart for collection. Could anyone recommend a courier which would cover a projector in the event of loss or damage. I checked with Interparcel after reading a recommendation somewhere and even though projectors are not mentioned on their list of restricted item, I emailed to check and they say that anything that contains glass is restricted. This seems to be the case with a lot of couriers.

Any help?

Many Thanks

Simon
I have sent several projectors via ParcelForce and they have a scale of charges for insurance related to value. They may not be the cheapest, but I have found them to be very reliable. They use their own employees, some couriers sub-contract to a man and a van.

simuk84

Thanks for the reply Jacko but I just checked on the Parcelforce website and found the following in their list of items exluded from compensation.

Glassware - items wholly or partially made of glass or containing glass, e.g picture frames that contain glass.

:rolleyes:

simuk84

Anyone else?

I can't seem to find anywhere that will take anything with glass in it and I really don't fancy risking the lamp when it's worth more than the projector itself lol.

jacko5

Anyone else?

I can't seem to find anywhere that will take anything with glass in it and I really don't fancy risking the lamp when it's worth more than the projector itself lol.
Have you spoken to anyone about this to clarify that it would apply to a projector?
Would the same apply if you sent the lamp separately by Royal Mail Special Delivery?

When I send projectors I insure with loss by theft in mind. It has never occurred to me that a lamp might get broken. I think projector lamps are pretty robust except when hot. PriceJapan must send thousands of lamps around the world every year. How about projectors that are shipped overseas and then distributed to customers by couriers. I have never heard of anyone receiving a new PJ with the lamp damaged. Of course there is always a first time. If you are that worried deliver it yourself, or ask the buyer to collect at a discount, or accept liability for the lamp in the unlikely event that it gets damaged.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom