Postage Strike - delayed deliveries

M

Miles

anyone know if imported dvds have to go through the London area (whre there is a strike)?

My playusa deliveries are taking much longer than normal and I wondered although i'm not in London delays could still be the case?

I think all international deliveries have to go through a particular sorting office in london so yes the strike is almost certainly the cause. Im waiting for 5 :(

Im waiting for around 5 too :( , was planning on watching quite a few this weekend too.

Ive got friends coming up to visit me and the mrs at uni so im most hacked off at lack of some new dvds to show them!

I believe all import items have to pass through Mount Pleasant sorting office (customs) in London.

that right Messiah and mount plesent have been on strike the longest, they do indeed control ALL post coming in from international sources, eg no r1 finding nemo for me for a while!!!

call me paranoid, but the thing that concerns me is, the longer our parcels are in transit (or not), the more likely they may go 'missing' :(

I had Finding Nemo shipped to me 2 weeks ago but still not got it. I wrote an e-mail to Movie tyme explaing I had not recieved it was told if does not come tomorow he would ship a replacement.
Next day still no film so e-mailed them again they said give it 3 days gave it 3 days still no show.
I e-mailed them again they said write us a letter explaing you have not got the film and we will send you a replacement.

I ordered Terminator 3 on Tuesday 3pm recieved it Thursday 7am. I live in Northampton so as soemone said above the longer it takes for the film to arrive the morce chances of it getting lost in the post.

been waiting for nemo for around a week no chance of me getting it now till wed thurs now( sack the strikers and employ someone else)

I dont think the postal strike affected me because it does not take 2 weeks to get a film and if the postal strike did affect me how come I got Terminator 3 in 2 days.

sack the strikers and employ someone else)

as much as i might feel a bit inconvienced at getting a few late DVD's, i'm sure they're not striking for the fun of it.

how strange,i received my terminator 3 yesterday and it was only sent on tuesday.
oh well,guess i must be lucky

then why strike then SACK EM ALL

Originally posted by jelly
then why strike then SACK EM ALL

They have already been given the sack.

In my old man's case two extra sacks of mail for no extra money.

They are certainly not striking for no reason. If you believe what they spout on telly, they're turning down a 14% pay rise. Who would ever do that?

Politics and Home Cinema don't mix and if i was a postie having dogs bite my ass and horny women seducing me all the time then i too would go on strike for more pay.

Th strike has not stopped all mail just slowed it down but i thnk the temporary staff employed to replace striking workers and keep post moving are more likley to be a more inquisitive to the contents of padded bags than a regular postie who wouldn't risk his job and pension over a DVD! but a temp worker from an agency???? Or a reluctant jobseeker???

Yes and that reluctant jobseeker is in for a shock when Cherie pulls him thru her door and whispers "what have u got for me today" in his ear.

I would like to make a personal appeal to the powers at be. Give the posties what they want! This strike is seriously screwing up my dvd entertainment schedual!:mad:

popeye

Originally posted by FoxyMulder
Politics and Home Cinema don't mix and if i was a postie having dogs bite my ass and horny women seducing me all the time then i too would go on strike for more pay.

I would consider the second reason to be a perk of the job......

Should really be treated as a BIK and taxed.

Parcels come through Coventry and letters and packets come through Mount Pleasant.

Mount Pleasant is like a step back in time!

I know I'm knew but I thought this forum was about dvds not politics. As far as I am concerned I am very grateful to the "postie"-the guy who trudges through the country lane, rows across a resevoir, gets chased and bitten by dogs, cows, druggies, dole cheats AND lonely housewives JUST so that I can get a dvd from South East Asia within 3 days and for nothing! Lets leave them to sort it out as they see fit, no one would lose wages for nothing. They must have legitimate gripes and as far as I am aware they are the ones who are trying to preserve our present postal system. We all moan about it from time to time, but ask one of the big courier firms for a qoute to get a dvd from ANYWHERE, let alone the other side of the World and I think you'll probably end up in tears and with a very VERY small dvd collection.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom