1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

post your sharp 26pe50 settings.

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by knobbs, Oct 17, 2005.

1. knobbs

knobbs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi could everyone with a sharp 26 pe50 post there settings, and wel see whos got the best settings for this panel, which i find very hard to get right.
    i also think you need 2 different settings one for terrestial tv and one for sky.
    anyway my settings which are wrtong, but the best i can do at the mo are for terrestial tv.
    av mode-user.
    backlight-+4
    contrast-+30
    brightness-+2
    colour- -11
    tint-0
    sharpness-o
    dnr-off
    quickshoot-on

2. Gordon D

Gordon D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    These are my settings for watching my 32” in a darkend room.

Terrestrial

Backlight -8
    Contrast +29
    Brightness -7
    Color -17
    Tint +7
    Sharpness +2

Sky/DVD

Backlight -7
    Contrast +30
    Brightness -14
    Color -14
    Tint +2
    Sharpness +2

All the above with DNR Low and Quickshot ON

3. knobbs

knobbs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi tried those on 26 model, seems very dark to me, i like it nice and brightish, vivid colours.
    thanks anyway, appreciated.

4. roddersmg

roddersmg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How are we 'going to see who's got the best settings' surely this is a matter of personal taste, ambient light conditions, viewing distance and the quality of our own eyesight. It took me about two days on and off to achieve a PQ that pleases me, I only have one setting for Freeview and DVD replay, no Sky. I suspect if I asked the opinions of 10 people I would get 10 different answers, each of which would be perfectly acceptable to the individual. All IMOHO.

5. knobbs

knobbs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi if we get a few settings we might be able to help each other out, on wt settings to have on and off, we know its personal taste, but if you get it, calibrated, your not setting the settings someone else is.
    maybe someone elses settings are better than mine.

6. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    That's true which is why is better to get hold of a calibration disc such as DVE to help configure the settings correctly. I've already posted mine on other threads based upon having it calibrated using DVE but these weren't to the OPs taste.

Gordons Sky settings are similar to mine but I have some ambient lighting on when watching TV so the backlight is set to -4, however with the lights off it's set to -6. During daylight I have OPC turned on.

7. Gordon D

Gordon D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yes I agree... we're all gonna be viewing in different conditions. just look at the settings the sharp comes set-up with... really only suitable for a shop showroom!

One thing I have noticed though is I have the contrast setting much higher than I did on my old CRT. Don’t know if that’s a quirk of LCD’s or not?