Post your OLED uniformity photos and discuss

Hi everybody,

Just received my lg65c1 and im quiet dissapointed.
At first i had banding on menu, films .. as you can see in attached pict.
After 2 manual pixel refreshing i dont have banding during usual use si its better, but i saw the oled uniformity test and i dont like the result.

One pict in normal image mode oled light 65%
The other pict with your recommended settings isf dark oled 35...

I can change it at the store even if its not easy to handle..

What you think?

Attachments

• before refresh.jpg
    before refresh.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 589
  • standard mode oled 60.jpg
    standard mode oled 60.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 628
  • isf dark oled 35.jpg
    isf dark oled 35.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 556
Hi everybody,

After 2 manual pixel refreshing i dont have banding during usual use si its better, but i saw the oled uniformity test and i dont like the result.

What you think?
100% change it

Hi everybody,

What you think?
I believe 'merde' comes to mind. Exchange it :)

I believe 'merde' comes to mind. Exchange it :)
Yeahhh thats the word! Lol

I first thinked to change it, but when i saw i had no more banding during normal use after pixel refresh, (and many users saying banding and uniformity matters are normal for oled display)..
I was a little lost.

But its too much dark area.. for this price tv!

Thanks for your advise!

Yeahhh thats the word! Lol

I first thinked to change it, but when i saw i had no more banding during normal use after pixel refresh, (and many users saying banding and uniformity matters are normal for oled display)..
I was a little lost.

But its too much dark area.. for this price tv!

Thanks for your advise!
Yeah I'm afraid that's a really bad one :( A little bit of banding is fine, you might have to live with faint bands slightly visible in panning shots of dark scenes, but what you have there.. LG should be ashamed to have that pass through QC :facepalm:

Just got my CX55 today. This is it on expert dark room, 35 oled light, 85 contrast, 50 brightness.

16198291555806016837969718114992.jpg

Is that good? Bad? Do I need to give it time to settle? Couldn't see any of that in normal viewing!

Last edited:
My 55A90J. First photo is original (darker). Second adds lighting to make more visible but does not modify or hide anything. This display is as pristine as I have ever seen. Zero grid.

AB800C6F-B77D-4C4D-9105-0CECE370BEBC.jpeg
380D19DD-2418-4D28-BC30-26358E3464B6.png

Hi everybody,

What you think?
Sad this would pass as quality of any sort. Absolutely an exchange

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I am newbie in "oled world". I bought last week a Panasonic 65HZ1000E. It seems to me ok about uniformity and DSE. The only thing I have noticed is that (or it seems to me), in grey to white scene (like in a cloudy sky) some pink spots appears in the right angle.
My tv has less than 50 hours of working. I will have to wait to see if something changes?

Which is the correct settings in which I can take a photo to share with you?
Thanks

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an LG CX65 from a reputable seller (active on this forum) and had it delivered about two weeks ago. After setting it up, I immediately realised something was not quite right. I was noticing dark/black blotches on the left and right side of the screen/panel. Running uniformity tests on a TV that doesn’t have any glaring issues during normal viewing/usage is probably not a good idea, as you may not like what you find. I however, decided I had to investigate what was going on with my TV, as I was clearly noticing the blotches and it was ruining my enjoyment of any content I was watching, especially dark scenes. I’ve added some pictures illustrating the problem..

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

... As you can see, horrific! I got contacted the seller and was told that OLEDs need some time “bedding in” and that I may very well end up with a worse panel! Since then, it’s been a few days, and I’ve been using the TV nonstop, but I haven’t noticed any improvements. Looks like I’ll be sending it back….

What are your opinions on the uniformity of this panel? Mind, I did send these pictures to the seller, to which I got the above stated response.

Cheers!

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an LG CX65 from a reputable seller (active on this forum) and had it delivered about two weeks ago. After setting it up, I immediately realised something was not quite right. I was noticing dark/black blotches on the left and right side of the screen/panel. Running uniformity tests on a TV that doesn’t have any glaring issues during normal viewing/usage is probably not a good idea, as you may not like what you find. I however, decided I had to investigate what was going on with my TV, as I was clearly noticing the blotches and it was ruining my enjoyment of any content I was watching, especially dark scenes. I’ve added some pictures illustrating the problem..

View attachment 1506195
View attachment 1506196
View attachment 1506197
View attachment 1506198
... As you can see, horrific! I got contacted the seller and was told that OLEDs need some time “bedding in” and that I may very well end up with a worse panel! Since then, it’s been a few days, and I’ve been using the TV nonstop, but I haven’t noticed any improvements. Looks like I’ll be sending it back….

What are your opinions on the uniformity of this panel? Mind, I did send these pictures to the seller, to which I got the above stated response.

Cheers!
That looks pretty bad and is unlikely to improve with time, if its distracting and visible in normal content I'd would exchange while your within your returns window. At least IMHO

Hi everyone,

View attachment 1506195
View attachment 1506196
View attachment 1506197
View attachment 1506198

Cheers!
Send it back,while oleds do need a little time to bed it,the uniformity will never be a good enough standard to be a keeper. The banding and dark patches are shocking

Here are mine, for shits and giggles...

LG 65C7, ~3,200 hours:

IMG_8781.jpeg

IMG_8782.jpeg

LG 77C8, ~5,500 hours:

IMG_8783.jpeg

(Excuse the reflection of my windows in front door in the photo above.)

IMG_8784.jpeg

The off-centre band in the C7 is occasionally visible in real-life content, but it's the bedroom TV so not important.

The thin "streaks" in the C8 are occasionally visible in real-life content, but it's pretty rare.

Any letterbox IR is just from having a film on for the last few hours before I put the slides on, as it's been a while since I checked these:

65" E6

5% (there is a small bit of vignetting on right-side, but actually nowhere near as much as what the camera suggests there is)

5pc.png

3% (tbh I've no idea how this will look on other screens as my camera probably makes it look worse than it is, and even small adjustments in Photoshop introduces massive posterisation, but it's pretty clean in reality, centre is darker)

3pc.png

Any letterbox IR is just from having a film on for the last few hours before I put the slides on, as it's been a while since I checked these:

65" E6

5% (there is a small bit of vignetting on right-side, but actually nowhere near as much as what the camera suggests there is)

View attachment 1507347

3% (tbh I've no idea how this will look on other screens as my camera probably makes it look worse than it is, and even small adjustments in Photoshop introduces massive posterisation, but it's pretty clean in reality, centre is darker)

View attachment 1507348

If your still in your return period I'd ask for an exchange mate :smoke:

If your still in your return period I'd ask for an exchange mate :smoke:
Bit too late :( One of the few people on here to own an OLED for more than 4 years :smoke: Bet it packs up after its 5th birthday :rolleyes:

A90j I picked up yesterday , best set I’ve ever owned ………..:laugh: don’t worry guys it’s a shitty LG from years back really 😂
1620340580667.jpeg

Last edited:
Amazing what a compensation can do :rotfl:

Attachments

• 2703215D-5A49-4334-859B-7904086939F3.jpeg
    2703215D-5A49-4334-859B-7904086939F3.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 401
I've had my CX for a week now and it's had quite a bit of usage so far.

This was from day 1:
20210501_012953.jpg

This is after a week:
20210507_002748.jpg

It has gotten better atleast. Is that the best I can hope for? Or could it still improve?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom