Post your Galaxy S3 home screens!

DJSigma

Ex Member
Reaction score
If you want to take screenshots on your phone, just press the lock and home keys at the same time.

I've still not rooted my phone yet, although I've switched to using Apex Launcher. I've cut my number of screens down to 3, removed app labels, changed a few of the icons, and made a folder for games and a folder for my most used apps on the main home screen. I've removed the app drawer icon and set a gesture so that swiping up on any screen opens the drawer. The live wallpaper I'm using is based on the game, Limbo.

All of the apps I'm using on these screens (minus the ones in the folders/dock): -

Apex Launcher
Ice Cream Sandwich theme
Dark Forest live wallpaper
Flipboard
Beautiful Widgets
Hawkstone LED Flashlight
PlayerPro

Main screen: -

a.png

Swipe left: -

b.png

Swipe right: -

c.png

Last edited:
Are yours resized? I want to post mine but can't shrink them on my phone.

No, they're full res. Not sure if that's the best idea, but still, haha.

ForumRunner_20120706_084220.jpg
Home Screen

ForumRunner_20120706_084248.jpg
Swipe Right

ForumRunner_20120706_084238.jpg
Swipe Left

Just getting used to Android coming fro iOS - the may be primitive looking but they do for now :)

Ahh, I'm using Go Launcher. Here's mine:

Homescreen:

im3A2fusb4xu3.png

Right:

ibgmAdJgGZr1n5.png

Left:

iwhedzcJbrEis.png

Last edited:
My lock screen and home screen.

Lock Screen
ForumRunner_20120706_123843.jpg

Home Screen
ForumRunner_20120706_123910.png

DJsigma your icons look amazing :-0 what programe did you use for them ??

Edit: I see Apex Launcher, I've just installed it but do not have a clue what I .sm doing so I sit that one out for a bit :-!

Last edited:
Charlie does your IGN app actually work. Mine keeps crashing!

@AshmanUK - Install Apex Launcher, then install the Ice Cream Sandwich theme I also linked to. Then go into the Apex settings and change the theme to the Ice Cream Sandwich one and you'll get those icons. There are other theme packs available too. You can also use your own images for app shortcuts by just long pressing on one and choosing "Edit" then click on the existing icon on the next screen that appears and you get various options for changing it, including using your own pics.

@AshmanUK - Install Apex Launcher, then install the Ice Cream Sandwich theme I also linked to. Then go into the Apex settings and change the theme to the Ice Cream Sandwich one and you'll get those icons. There are other theme packs available too. You can also use your own images for app shortcuts by just long pressing on one and choosing "Edit" then click on the existing icon on the next screen that appears and you get various options for changing it, including using your own pics.

Thanks DJSigma :thumbsup: i will try this :smashin:

These are mine :smashin:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-06-21-09-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-06-21-09-40.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,227
  • Screenshot_2012-07-06-21-10-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-06-21-10-24.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,013
  • Screenshot_2012-07-06-21-09-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-06-21-09-31.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,658
Last edited:
How do you edit the lock screen applications? The icons themselves etc?

Hi,
Tried Apex launcher this evening. Although I am pretty impressed with it, it does seem to have issues with my widgets. Some are not even listed and some don't work correctly. For instance the stock 4x1 digital clock goes to 5x1 and won't fit on the home screen. The smaller 2x1 digital clock cuts off the date underneath it. You can resize it which puts a blank space below it then you can't put anything in the blank space as it thinks the clock widget is there.
Going to give Nova a go.

Hi,
Tried Apex launcher this evening. Although I am pretty impressed with it, it does seem to have issues with my widgets. Some are not even listed and some don't work correctly. For instance the stock 4x1 digital clock goes to 5x1 and won't fit on the home screen. The smaller 2x1 digital clock cuts off the date underneath it. You can resize it which puts a blank space below it then you can't put anything in the blank space as it thinks the clock widget is there.
Going to give Nova a go.

You should try Nova Launcher.

Not really done any cutomisation as yet. I already had beautiful widgets from my tablet so have d/l them & am still playing around with it really before installing a new launcher etc. Some great looking screens above which I may well take cues from:)

Hi,
Tried Apex launcher this evening. Although I am pretty impressed with it, it does seem to have issues with my widgets. Some are not even listed and some don't work correctly.
Some widgets are part of TouchWiz and therefore will only work in that launcher.

As for ones not working correctly, in Apex you can change the size of the grid and change the size of the spacing. You can also resize any widget you like by long-pressing it and choosing "Resize".

DJSigma said:
Some widgets are part of TouchWiz and therefore will only work in that launcher.

As for ones not working correctly, in Apex you can change the size of the grid and change the size of the spacing. You can also resize any widget you like by long-pressing it and choosing "Resize".

Hi,
I have had a good play with apex this morning. Put a few more widgets on and got it all working nice. Very pleased with it now and enjoying the extra tinkering. I'll post up some screen shots this evening

Here's my current home screen with picture taken yesterday.

Screenshot_2012-07-08-21-42-07.png

Apex launcher

Plate theme icons

One more clock (weather/clock widget)

Wallpaper (random one from internet)

Here's my current home screen with picture taken yesterday.

Apex launcher

Plate theme icons

One more clock (weather/clock widget)

Wallpaper (random one from internet)

Hi,
Is that the paid version of One More Clock? Looked at both free and paid and can't really see any difference?
Cheers, Rich

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom