1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Xmas price drop?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by PannyAdams, Dec 7, 2004.

1. PannyAdams

PannyAdams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    As I am looking to buy Plasma any day now (Still torn between the Cheapness and connectivity of the Hitachi PD5200 and the gorgeous picture on the Panny PW7), I'd be intested to know from those who subscribe to this Forum (particularly from the retailers) whether there has been in the past or is likely to be this year a drop in prices post Christmas?

It strikes me that shopping on-line most retailers cut their margins to the bone and so can tempt buyers with sale offers.....so that leave the manufacturers.....do they drop their prices?

What do you think?

2. njr

njr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd be highly surpised if any retailer is going to answer this question. They are hardly likely to want to kill their profitable pre-christmas sales and sell off stock in the new year at reduced prices and profits!

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    No worries mate. I don't thnk we'll see any sudden decreases, though a Panasonic 7 might be £50 or so cheaper, not due to January sales, but general gradual price erosion. People have sales if they have a lot of stock, and January is the month they do it cos it's quiet after christmas. But for most of us, a plasma is a 'considered' buy, not an 'impulse' so sales vary a lot less than cheaper goods. The only quiet month we have is August, and it's usually covered by the more 'builder' parts of the job for us. January is when the City pays bonuses, so it's pretty busy. Not much chance of a sale I think.

4. njr

njr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unless the answers no of course.........

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I'd like to think I have a level of integrity round here. I for 1 see no need to shave margins any tighter, I'm booked till nearly April. Might squeeze in a couple of quickies, maybe even a couple of plasma installs too!

6. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    With the likes of the Panny's hovering at around £1500, it's almost making it an impulsive buy :D