• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Post plasma user

yaxattax

Standard Member
Hi all,

Post plasma user here, looking for a replacement. I don't want the fuss of sourcing a good used set, so I just want help with picking the "best" LCD type screen. Obviously, as a plasma user, I care about blacks, and motion resolution. I know of Sony TV sets which have motionflow impulse, but I can't for the life of me find which have VA type panels (and have seen rumblings about IPS panels).

Start by assuming price is not an issue (I am hoping I can get something that isn't in OLED price range, however).
I want a LCD TV with the best possible black levels, and 120 or 240 refresh rates with dark frame insertion (motionflow impulse or equivalent technologies, not interpolation modes). I don't want the TV too large (although I am acutely aware the best performers often only come in larger sizes). I don't care about 4k, and curved screens belong in the bin.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance and responses. Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom