Post pictures of your recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.
New hoover as old one wasn’t lasting very long. V10 Animal - it’s literally a beast on max mode.

Attachments

• 7818E8AE-F54B-4DE8-B027-ED58DD957D11.jpeg
    7818E8AE-F54B-4DE8-B027-ED58DD957D11.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 78
Two trampolines :p What about all those poor children who can't get one now :devil: :D
Ha! There is no way I could've taken one down before the new one was ready! Plus it kept them away from my while I was building it. :D
The old one is very tatty, but you'll be pleased to know I am offering it up for free on local recycling sites.

New hoover as old one wasn’t lasting very long. V10 Animal - it’s literally a beast on max mode.

In case you do not notice it and it is easily missed, even by those wonderful do it yourself videos, the top part nearest the radiator is a filter that clicks on and off for cleaning.

Looks more obvious in yours and hopefully it is one, but we got caught out on our V8 Animal due to it not being that obvious.

This actually arrived last Tuesday but in the spirit of savings up jobs to do on the weekend I only installed it today. Add on Solar charger for my ring doorbell (the doorbell was gifted to me by my father in law)
View attachment 1277509
View attachment 1277508

with it being the original it’s always been a pain to bring in to charge as the battery doesn’t last that long and it’s a bit more energy saving. App shows it’s gone up a few percent since this morning so seems to be working
where from? I've seen them before, but can't remember where...
Ooo I like that. Do you have a link? thanks
I got my one from eBay > eBay Link

...yea, as above - just from eBay (just did a search for mouse pads and it came up).

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
...yea, as above - just from eBay (just did a search for mouse pads and it came up).
Not bothered about a large mouse pad but I am interested in the dark mode for AVF? Is there an option somewhere I've not heard about or is it somekind of stylish browser code?

Not bothered about a large mouse pad but I am interested in the dark mode for AVF? Is there an option somewhere I've not heard about or is it somekind of stylish browser code?

If you are using Google Chrome, you can muck about with Dark Mode settings, here:

chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark (its not a link as such - just copy and paste into search bar in Chrome).

There are various different options which give different dark colourations :

1586172829673.png

I have the 3rd from bottom selected.
:)

Ha! There is no way I could've taken one down before the new one was ready! Plus it kept them away from my while I was building it. :D
The old one is very tatty, but you'll be pleased to know I am offering it up for free on local recycling sites.
But first I want to see a video of you hopping between the trampolines. 😂

Can you get a broken leg fixed over Babylon? Asking for a friend.

Treated myself to a new(to me) knife!
230mm damascus gyuto from Russian knife maker Andrei Markin.
Used it for a couple of days now and it's a pleasure to use and is picking up a nice blue patina!

20200406_175233.jpg

20200406_175123.jpg

20200406_175154.jpg

20200406_175215.jpg

Last edited:
Blade looks like it was made from a process called canister steel forging. A quick Google image search gives some wonderful blades to look at. Also known as Damascus steel as marked on the knife.

Blade looks like it was made from a process called canister steel forging. A quick Google image search gives some wonderful blades to look at. Also known as Damascus steel as marked on the knife.
I think that is now commonly referred to as damascus as I understand the original method of forging damascus steel has been lost.

Sky has a great program on sometimes called "Forged in Fire" where the 3 contestants are tasked with making swords knives axes etc from the raw materials. They did an episode on Damascus steel which can be found on YouTube, you'll be surprised to see that Tippex is involved...

Sky has a great program on sometimes called "Forged in Fire" where the 3 contestants are tasked with making swords knives axes etc from the raw materials. They did an episode on Damascus steel which can be found on YouTube, you'll be surprised to see that Tippex is involved...
'it will kill' Doug the man!

Like a bit of FiF.

IMG_20200407_094243.jpg

Something for the kids, as soon as I saw this I had to have it looks as well built as the Ecto 1 they do

Doesn't seem to work for avf, not sure what I am doing wrong🙄
If you are using Google Chrome, you can muck about with Dark Mode settings, here:

chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark (its not a link as such - just copy and paste into search bar in Chrome).

There are various different options which give different dark colourations :

View attachment 1278145

I have the 3rd from bottom selected.
:)
Doesn't seem to work for avf, not sure what I am doing wrong🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom