Post pictures of your recent purchases

rfield

Picked up yesterday. Seems superb so far, and the charger built into the case is a great idea.

Also... Game are doing a bonus trade-in on the series 1 at the moment - £80 back, so £80 to pay.

IMG_0213.jpeg

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Maybe a silly question, but what is so good about those elite controllers to justify the cost?

rfield

Maybe a silly question, but what is so good about those elite controllers to justify the cost?
For me, it's quite a few things!

Ergonomics and build - the body is coated in soft rubber, and it feels like if you threw it at a wall, the wall would come off worse.

Customisation - I use mine mainly on a PC, and the app that comes with it lets you alter everything from the defined response curve on the movement of the analog sticks to the reactivity of the individual vibration motors.

The pads (both analog and dpad) are all magnetically swappable too (comes with quite a few different types), and the rear paddle buttons can now can be assigned as a 'shift key' to give you an entire second set of inputs.

ruffage

Distinguished Member

Ergonomics and build - the body is coated in soft rubber, and it feels like if you threw it at a wall, the wall would come off worse.

Customisation - I use mine mainly on a PC, and the app that comes with it lets you alter everything from the defined response curve on the movement of the analog sticks to the reactivity of the individual vibration motors.

The pads (both analog and dpad) are all magnetically swappable too (comes with quite a few different types), and the rear paddle buttons can now can be assigned as a 'shift key' to give you an entire second set of inputs.
Just out of interest, does your PC always tell you it's "configuring bluetooth services" after a fresh reboot when the Xbox controller's switched on? PITA.

rfield

Just out of interest, does your PC always tell you it's "configuring bluetooth services" after a fresh reboot when the Xbox controller's switched on? PITA.
No it doesn't on mine, but then I use the xbox wireless adaptor controller/dongle as bluetooth doesn't support all the features and has slightly higher latency iirc.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
I've watched a few YouTubes of this - seems to be a cool looking walking simulator?

KyleS1

Distinguished Member

I might need to try one of these!

rfield

I selected an hour long gameplay playthrough video on youtube, I clicked random parts of the videos and got cutscenes every time, not much happening!
Not started it yet but from what I've read, certainly the first few hours are very cut scene heavy. May drive me nuts, but we'll see!

Kindra

Standard Member
Wasnt really familar with Jabra brand other than their mobile accessorries. Read some reviews and recently bought a used set of these wireless headphones. Loving them so far and use mostly around the house.

jabra revo 03.png

psikey

Distinguished Member
1573232063546.png

Normally over £10 each but were selling on Amazon for £2 each ! Got 5 ready for lawn attack next year.

Oh

And one of these currently in UK customs after importing from Japan

1573232232456.png

Davekale86

IMG_20191108_100850.jpg

Today's pickup couldn't give a monkeys about the negative reviews, to me get something if you don't like it take it back massive fan of Kojima enjoying what I've played so far deffo not a game for everyone

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
View attachment 1217134
Today's pickup couldn't give a monkeys about the negative reviews, to me get something if you don't like it take it back massive fan of Kojima enjoying what I've played so far deffo not a game for everyone
I am quite intrigued but I haven't managed to get a sense of what the game is. It is a bit of a moot point as I am not in the console club.

Davekale86

I am quite intrigued but I haven't managed to get a sense of what the game is. It is a bit of a moot point as I am not in the console club.
Set in the future, you play as Sam porter Bridges a delivery guy, set where your dropping off have to think about weight on your back and think about terrain as you can fall over easy, got a few famous faces in it Del Toro and Nicholas Winding Refyn errrr quality game check out the multiple trailers and gameplay on YouTube worth getting a ps4 for

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Set in the future, you play as Sam porter Bridges a delivery guy, set where your dropping off have to think about weight on your back and think about terrain as you can fall over easy, got a few famous faces in it Del Toro and Nicholas Winding Refyn errrr quality game check out the multiple trailers and gameplay on YouTube worth getting a ps4 for
Thanks yes I get the 'role' of the player, and that there are some big names - but is it basically hi def orienteering?

ruffage

Distinguished Member
Post Apocalypse Man Pat
Think it’s a bit deeper than that. I’ve watched a few videos and he’s carrying a baby around in a bag, and the crows attack you or the rain does or something like that.
I’d buy it if real life didn’t get in the way so much.

Davekale86

Thanks yes I get the 'role' of the player, and that there are some big names - but is it basically hi def orienteering?
Yeah been described as a walking simulator you pick up delivery's, drop them off and rinse and repeat, however so far it isn't boring like it's made out to be just a different type of game then your usual COD or Fifa

andybailey1972

Holder for Tassimo pods
A951FB8A-9995-44FC-8A7F-51AD97A6733D.jpeg

And filled:
1394566C-16D2-4B88-8AB4-90447273D525.jpeg

Last edited: