Question Post AV receiver mixer

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by IanKerry, Mar 31, 2016.

1. IanKerry

IanKerry
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I run flicks in the sticks - we tour cinema to rural village halls in the west midlands/mid wales area.

I look after 100 venues, who either have their own equipment or we tour equipment.

Most have a Blu-ray player to a projector and AV receiver, which then goes to the speakers.

The range of sound quality on many films is variable to say the least, and because the venues are all different, and some with poor acoustics, I wanted to explore ways of being able to improve the sound 'on the fly'.

So I was wondering whether it might be possible to incorporate a mixer, whereby you could control each channel, or at least the centre, front pair and back pair of speakers. And if this might work. would it go before or after the AV receiver?

I appreciate you can play around with the settings on the AV receiver, but i needed something that wouldn't require someone to be very experienced.

Any thoughts or ideas welcome!

Ian

2. Bbos37

Bbos37

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    You could use MiniDsp but you will also need a power amp.Just using eq is not sufficient you'll meet to time delay each of the speakers and sub as well .

3. IanKerry

IanKerry
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, thanks for replying.

4. ashenfie

ashenfie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +463
    I think any AVR with an Auto setup would set the basics right. You can then over ride the setting if you wish. It's then down to budget.

It's a little more complex than volume levesl as the sound time delays are important too.