Possibly the best R2 DVD ever?

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I know this may come as a kind of surprise nomination, but I would like to add "Aardman Classics" as one of the best ever Region 2 DVD releases.

Showcasing some 10 years worth of Aardman animations, the creators of "Chicken Run", "Wallace & Gromit", et al, this DVD runs at an incredible 2hrs 40 minutes, (not including full commentaries from all of the directors/producers of the many animations, nor the extra behind-the-scenes material), and includes a 64 page book, that actually fits inside the standard Amaray DVD case!

Highlights include every single one of the "Heat Electric" commercials, "Creature Comforts", an animated "Nina Simone" music video minus Ms Simone, and the stupendous "Pib and Pog"!

I won't ruin things for those of you who haven't seen "Pib and Pog", but if you've ever wondered what would happen if you clashed "Play School" with "Pulp Fiction", then you are going to be wetting yourselves! Trust me when I say that you'll never look at kids TV in quite the same way ever again.

With most of the titles in a TV friendly 4:3 presentation, a few of these animations come in 2.20:1 widescreen, and many look stunning, after having been given a well-deserved digital remastering!

This title came out today - 6th Nov - and retails around £19-99, but is truly worth every single penny!

Highly recommended, for young and old, especially as a history of all that Aardman created prior to "Chicken Run"!

Pooch

[This message has been edited by PoochJD (edited 06-11-2000).]

Great news - thanx for the advance info ...
Not that it will stop me buying it but I presume the likes of Wrong Trousers etc. are not on the disc ?
Sounds like just the disc to prepare me for Chicken Run at the end of the month ...
Brace yourself Mr Visa !!!

------------------
"Hi my names Paul and I'm a dvdaholic ..."

The 2 Wallace & Gromit movies come out on a BBC DVD on R2 in December. Alternatively, you can already import the same W&G disc on Region 1! Hope that helps!

Pooch

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom