• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Possibly Daft Speaker Question

Alabama

Standard Member
I'm desperately trying to find a way to get a speaker system into my lounge, but struggling to get it to fit. All I want are a pair of fronts and a centre.

The problem is, the TV's in the alcove next to the chimney and there is no room at all at the sides.

One option would be to go for something with tiny speakers, like the nsp280 set or give up on a decent received and get an Onkyo22HD (although all the centres have disappeared), but I'm not sure they will really sound that good.

The QA1010i would just fit onto one of the shelves, but I'd struggle to get a centre in between them, as the amp would then be behind it and you couldn't get at the controls (or possibly use the remote)

Onto the daft question...

As a test at the moment, I've placed my old Delta 30s behind the TV on stands, so they are at the same level. It sounds better than the TV, but needs a centre to pick out voice. Could I also place the centre behind the TV and get reasonable sound? The speakers would be roughly in line, so shouldn't get issues with synch, but obviously some sound would be lost at the back of the TV.

What would be best - something like a 1010i + 1000i or Diamond 9 set at the back of the TV or a cheap 5.1 set up with tiny front speakers in line with the screen?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom