Possibly A Bargain Remote Light Switch

Coolit

Established Member
Reaction score
I was looking for a remote light switch that I can control from my mosaic to turn the lights off in my pj room, had a look on ebay and found a load of THESE for peanuts, I figured what the hell if it doesn't work out no real loss (got my one for £4.20 inc p&p btw). The seller suggests removing the sticker, which I'm going to do, then program it into my mosaic. The remote that comes with it looks rather "bright" to say the least.

I'll let you know how I get on once it arrives if anyones interested, but at this price who wouldn't be :smashin:

It arrived today, the quality is surprisingly good, in fact much much better than I was expecting. I removed the front sticker by pealing and turps, took under 5 minuets to do. Once fitted I tested it with the original remote first, all was well so decided to program it into my mosaic (The real momen of truth). Worked.....! my HC remote accepted the code using the learn function first time. The dimmer side of things is going to be a tad more difficult to achieve, I plan to play with the macro function and see if this will do the job (have a feeling it will).

Anyway, remote lights...£4 sorted :thumbsup:

These are apparently available in Poundland - as posted on another forum. This must be where the seller has been getting them from.

I am thinking of getting one of these remote switches too. I have a fish tank light that I'd like to be able to turn on and off by remote. For anyone who as bought one, what is the range like with this remote? Any problems using them? Do you know if the switch uses much energy while in 'off - awaiting signal' mode?

Many thanks

Dave

The range seems to be quite far, I cant test fully due to the size of the room my HC is in but it would be fine at 30ft anyway, probably a lot more. It works from obscure angles also, if I point the original remote towards the room from my hall (90 degree angle) at any point in the hall the lights work. I think in the off position it will use miniscule amounts of power although I couldn't give you a figure. :)

Is it just a simple job of unscrewing the old lightswitch, taking out the wires and connecting them to the remote control one?

Also can this one be operated by touch, and is it dimmable from the remote? I have a Mosaic too.

Seems like an excellent bargain once the Action Man stickers are removed :D

Is it just a simple job of unscrewing the old lightswitch, taking out the wires and connecting them to the remote control one?

Yup, its that simple, remember to turn the electricity off to the switch first !!!!!

Also can this one be operated by touch

There is a button on the switch itself that you can use to turn the lights on and off manually or dim the lights by holding it in.

is it dimmable from the remote? I have a Mosaic too.

I read to much into the dimming part using the mosaic thinking I would need to use a macro. What I've since found is that you simply hold the button for on/off on the mosaics lcd and the lights dim or raise, the reason I was oblivious to this at the start was that it takes a few seconds longer to activate than with the original remote and I didn't give it that long when I first configured it. :)

Excellent, thanks :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom