• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Possible use TV speakers plus sub & rears via amp?

digitaldr

Standard Member
Hoping to buy a new 40 inch LED tomorrow budget around £800. *Ideally I would like to use the TV speakers plus subwoofer and rears via my aging but still good Pioneer receiver (has optical in but no hdmi). The TV will be wall mounted on a cantilever bracket and I would like to avoid any separate front speakers/sound bar as I want to keep things looking neat - the TV will be angled quiet a bit of the time. I did consider insetting speakers flush to the plasterboard but it's a shared wall with next door and the plasterboard is "dotted and dabbed" so only about 3 inches to play with!

Apart from wanting good bass and rear surrounds I'm not a major audiophile and so not too bothered about DTS, true 5.1 etc

I figured what I need is a TV that will allow me to output audio via the headphone jack to my receiver without turning the TV speakers off. I can then tweak my receiver/active sub volume level to match the TV speaker volume.*

From what I can see the Sony W series would probably be the only TVs that would fit the bill but but I'm keener on Samsung or maybe even LG.*

Any suggestions on whether my planned audio setup would even work, possible alternative setups and TV suggestions greatly appreciated.*

Curly99

Distinguished Member
it maybe better to split your question into which TV and a set up question, I'll move this post to the Which TV should I buy? forum and maybe you could post in the Home cinema setup, help and advice forum regarding the audio setup..etc.

Curly

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom