Possible to upgrade unlocked iphone with bootneuter installed?

Moor

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Having done some reading regarding bootneuter i have thoroughly confused myself. Does anyone know it its possible to upgrade iphone software if you have bootneuter installed as thats what i have been lead to beleive from what i have read. Or am i totally confused?

You should be able to upgrade, although if the new software includes a baseband it will need unlocking. But Bootneuter should allow you to do that.

Thanks for the reply, so i just install bootneuter on my iliberty unlocked 1.1.4 phone and willl just be able to install the new 2.0 update when it comes available and all will remain as it is? ie unlocked and jaibreaked? unlocking again is no problem with boot neuter tho.
Does bootneuter give any more benefits?

At this moment it is not known if 2.0 will include a baseband upgrade, just because the beta versions dont have an upgrade doesnt mean the final one will not.

As with any of the previous firmware upgrades extreme caution should be used until it becomes clear that it is safe - this usually takes around 24 hours from release and it will be discussed here.

You will be able to goto 2.0 when it's released & your BL will still be neutered. But you'll have to wait for an update to BootNeuter to be able to unlock the new baseband.
Is it possible for Apple to release 2.0 in a form which kills bootneuter? That would be a form that blocks downgrading to any previous iPhone software release.

Failing that, I think Apple may throw in the towel on preventing iPhone 1 unlocking. But they must surely hope to have it under control again for iPhone 2.

Is it possible for Apple to release 2.0 in a form which kills bootneuter?
Yes of course there is and trust me if they can do it they will, every single firmware upgrade upto yet has stopped unlocks from working and this will probably be no different.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom