• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Possible to stream/watch ANY internet video to TV?

psychopomp1

Prominent Member
Hi

Recently started watching live football online (liveonlinefooty.com) and rather than watching it on my teeny weeny 19" pc screen, i prefer to hook up my laptop (wireless connected to my router) to my 42" plasma via HDMI and watch it on my telly. However i find this a pain to set up (can't leave it permanently connected) so want to know if there is any device out there which will wirelessly transmit any online video content from my wireless ADSL router directly to the telly. I was thinking perhaps a Playstation 3 as that allows internet browsing over the TV wirelessly through the web browser (liveonlinefooty can only be accessed through a web browser) but PS3 seems a bit of a overkill as i don't do gaming nor watch any DVD/blu ray material. Any such device out there?

planthead

Banned
dont know about a wireless device,, but the wd tv live now has .. Flingo,, just love that name,,, not tried it yet,, but seems to be what you after... I think!!!

NX3

Prominent Member
Wireless HDMI is very expensive. PS3 browser would probably work. Build a HTPC with web browser ? I think a Boxee box has a web browser, about £200. Google tv box maybe, about £300.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom