possible to edit out background music out of video file and change to better music ?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by davebrown88, Feb 7, 2009.

1. davebrown88

davebrown88
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi! I am in Thailand and my mate filmed me doing some Thai boxing on the pads, when playing back thou there is some really cheesy music playing in the background.

Is it possible to edit out this background music and replace it with a more high temp tune ?. I would all so like to keep all the talkijg thou between me and the trainer + the sound effects of me hitting the pads.

I am using sony vegas by the way. :thumbsup:

2. chrishull3

chrishull3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +282
    I would not think so but will be interested if someone comes up with a positive answer to your question.

3. A n d r e w

A n d r e w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    If the music was part of the background noise at the time of recording, there's really no way to remove just the music. You've found out the hard way that it's never a good idea to have music playing in the background when you're shooting video, if you ever intend to edit it (though of course you don't always have control over these things!).

Andrew.