Possible to claim COD5 money back?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by jase4772, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jase4772

jase4772

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    With COD5 online being so shocking (might differ from person to person) doesn't this qualify for getting your money back from Treyarch for releasing something thats not fit for purpose?

I've now apparently unlocked the Thompson suppressor 4 times now, my score is on -493 points yet again. Half my Challenges are on scores of 4/1 or 28/25 even my Thompson kills went from 35/25 DOWN to 28/25 after killing more people. Its just gotten to a point where playing this game online is a joke and I've lost the will to bother with it!

Anyone else fed up with COD5 online?

2. ThuGLy

ThuGLy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,688
    im annoyed with waw but for different reasons, mainley useless game invites and time outs.:mad: other than that me stats stay pretty much up to date have you considered wipeing you game data and re trying to go up the ranks again?:smashin:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  3. Genie1

Genie1
    Remembered (1979 - 2009)

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Not sure if you've posted on other threads and I've asked the same question but are you gonna prestige?

I had the same issue for COD4 and prestige was the only way to sort it.

If your not the other option you've got is setting up another profile and playing with that (still annoying though as you have to re-invite your friends list).

4. jase4772

jase4772

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    If I trash the game data and save data (once the single player is done of course) will that set me back to lv1 or is that stored on Activisions servers?

I'd love to see a poll of people with major issues, minor issues and no issues for online play and get feedback on what they think of Treyarch.

5. Genie1

Genie1
    Remembered (1979 - 2009)

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    The online data is stored on Activisions servers, good luck with the feedback I got none from Infinity Ward when I had the same issue :mad:

6. Agrav8er

Agrav8er

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    Not an ideal solution, but I have found if you leave your PS3 on while you have -points, then get up at 5.00 in the morning, play a game and it will update.

Dont do this for the game by the way, this is the time I get up for work!!

7. TyFlip

TyFlip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    I have issues the same as Jon wherby you cannot get into certain peoples lobbies. Genie invited me & Jon yesterday, I could get in but Jon couldn't even though me & Jon are on the exact same broadband, it's just he's in Derby (poor Jon) & I'm in Keighley.

Should you get into games, more often than not, you experience lag, Connection failures and lobbies closing. It's not even appropriate to call it a joke cos it isn't remotely funny.

I'm fed up of being put into a game with under a minute to go and I'm on the loosing side, when in the lobby, the lobby often sloces putting you through it again!

So, so annoying!

8. jase4772

jase4772

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I guess we're all at the mercy of the patch whenever it comes out, but if they released the game with this many issues I'm not confident of their QA team being able to actually do any good!

Maybe we should do a wish list of things we don't want them to tweak incase they break it :D

I wish I could trash my main online player and start again as I can't be bothered to create another PS3 user just for one bugged game.

9. Zeromajor

Zeromajor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +594
    To be honest with you, that's a ridiculous.

Not fit for purpose means it's either physically broken, or the game is unplayable. As it is the game is very playable - ask the hundreds of thousands of people who play it online daily.

Not liking a game or getting 'fed up' of it isn't means to have your money back. In order to not 'waste' your money in future I suggest you become a better consumer and try renting games before purchase to see if they meet your requirements.

Closing thread :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.