Possible Solution?

GHuysmans

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post actual post on the forums here. I've been lurking around for a year or so. I've fixed multiple tv's for myself and friends, thanks to your guys' threads.

Here's my situation (long read):

My brother works for Future Shop and he does home-theater installs. He made his way to another Future Shop (2 and a half hour drive away) because they wanted him to do a job for someone. When he finished he job and headed back to the store, he noticed in the alley that they were throwing out a 50" Pioneer plasma tv. So he picked it up (heavy as hell) and threw it in the truck. He brought it home for me to fix since I've fixed multiple tv's that he's brought back from work. However, this is my first plasma tv:rolleyes:

Anyways, we got the tv and the receiver all set-up but here's the situation and multiple things happen.
TV On; Receiver Off: Tv's green power button light stays lit up, and the orange standby light stays lit up.
TV Off; Receiver On: Green power light on receiver stays off (assuming because the tv isn't turned on) and the orange standby button on the receiver is flashing.
*Note* I've read on other forums that the stand-by light flashing a certain ammount of times states what kind of problem the receiver is having. I have failed to notice any change in sequence for the flashing light.

TV On; Receiver On: Tv's green power button light stays lit up and the orange standby light stays lit up. Receiver power button (green) stays on, but still getting the flashing orange standby light.

Is there a fix for this? Do I not have the connections properly hooked up to the back of the tv? Or is something completely toast in the receiver / tv.

Also note, that just because Future Shop threw it out, doesn't mean it's broken. They have thrown out perfectly good iPod's, blu-ray players, camcorders, etc. I even tried contacting Pioneer, but they were of no help.

If you need anymore details or anything, please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

My brother works for Future Shop and he does home-theater installs. He made his way to another Future Shop (2 and a half hour drive away) because they wanted him to do a job for someone. When he finished he job and headed back to the store, he noticed in the alley that they were throwing out a 50" Pioneer plasma tv. So he picked it up (heavy as hell) and threw it in the truck. He brought it home for me to fix since I've fixed multiple tv's that he's brought back from work. However, this is my first plasma tv:rolleyes:

Assuming that Future Shop are happy that your brother removed the Pioneer plasma:

If the media box and the plasma panel aren't communicating successfully I think you get the symptoms that you describe. It may just be the cable between the media box and panel that is faulty (if you are very lucky). A replacement doesn't have to be a Pioneer one -try a forum sponsor Media Factory - Install, Connect and Control your Home Theatre equipment! for a replacement cable.

Ideally you need the service manual to tell exactly what the diagnostic lights are telling.

It appears yours suggestion may have been made a difference.
The power light on the Media Receiver is staying solid green.
The power light on the TV is staying solid green.
The standby light on the TV is staying a solid orange.

Not yet, no.
I'm just stuck with an orange stand-by light on the tv (not blinking). The green power light is on for both the media receiver and the tv, as well.

Surely, i am not the only one who thinks somebody is having a good laugh here.:rotfl::rotfl:

I already checked the manual.
When the orange standby light is on, and the receiver has the orange standby light on, it means that entire system is on standby.
But that's not the case. The tv is just on standby, not the receiver.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom