Possible RPTV convert

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sheep, Oct 31, 2005.

1. sheep

sheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi all i presently own a samsumg 50" dlp but due to issues that cannot be resolved i am toying with the idea of going for a small crt in the corner and a prolector for serious dvd viewing ;-)) my question is what would be my choice of projector for around £2500 + £500ish for a motorised screen and are they as good or better than rear pro(please be objective lol) and what if any are the problems or downfalls with owning a front projector, i look forward to your views and comments

Sheep

2. dynamitetony

dynamitetony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi

Well, im in the same boat. i was going to go for a Rear Projection DLP but after my research have decided to go for a projector instead.

I havnt had the chance to demo any yet but the new batch of LCD's available for around the £1200-£1400 are getting great reviews and a few people have advised me to go for one of these rather than spending more, unless i was willing to jump up to £4000 or so.

So im watching any replies to this thread too as im almost ready to buy..

3. Welwynnick

Welwynnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +866
    I think the fave rave at the moment is the Optoma / Themescene H79.

Nick