1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible options?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by kawan2, Jul 18, 2004.

1. kawan2

kawan2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

Hope somebody can help. Our church youth centre wants to allow the youths to watch programs that are of interest to them eg soaps, football, etc. However, due to the location of the building (it is surrounded by taller buildings and very near a hill), someone said a 15 foot mast has to be erected in order to get good tv reception. The cost is a few hundred pounds. The church committee doesn't want want such a tall mast.

Can someone suggest what other options are available to enable viewing of free/paid channels and roughly how much are we talking here. :lease:

Please be aware that there is currently no telephone line in the youth centre. I believe cable is available in the neighbour.

TIA.

Regards,
    kawan2

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I've been told that NTL used to offer people covered by their service an analogue feed for a one off price, only the terrestrial channels of course.
    I have no idea if they still do this or if there were conditions on the offer.
    Satellite may be a viable alternative especially if you can get a used SKY system with a FTV smartcard (version2 cards are not cheap though) and have someone who can install it for you.

You will find that all the football that is not on the terrestrial channels are within expensive pay packages. If you have the funds then a full cable subscription may be an option but that's not going to be cheap.
    Have you tried a wideband indoor aerial for both analogue and possibley digital terrestrial reception?
    Cost around a tenner and you never know your luck.