1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

possible new pc build...

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by will2k, Mar 3, 2012.

1. will2k

will2k Novice Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is one possible build i'm thinking of getting from cyberpowersystem.
    So basically i will be using for gaming such as eve online etc etc. What do you think about the specs espiecally the ones i've put in bold.?

thankyou.

CASE: NZXT H2 Classic Silent Mid-Tower Gaming Case [+51] (Black Colour)
    CPU: AMD FX-4100 3.60 GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology
    MOTHERBOARD: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 AMD 760G (780L) Chipset DDR3 Socket AM3+ Micro-ATX w/ 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III, 1 PCIe X16, 1 PCIe X1, & 2 PCI
    MEMORY: 8GB (4x2GB) PC12800 DDR3/1600mhz Dual Channel Memory [+46] (Corsair XMS3 w/Heat Spreader )
    VIDEO CARD: AMD Radeon HD 6850 PCI-E 1GB Passive Cooled [+102]
    Power Supply Upgrade: Silent / Quiet Performance Power Supplies [+73] (CoolerMaster 850watt Silent ProModular Gaming Power Supply, SLI / Crossfire ready [+11])
    Hard Drive: 180 GB Intel 520 Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s - 550 MB/s Read & 520 MB/s Write [+131] (Single Hard Drive)
    Data Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive
    Hard Drive Cooler: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+15] (2 x Systems [+15])
    Optical Drive: LG BH10LS38 10X Blu-Ray Rewriter & 16X DVD±R/±RW Drive

2. shadowboxer

shadowboxer Active Member

Ratings:
    +197
    Hi and welcome to the forums. I personally would go with an Intel based system perhaps a Sandy Bridge i3 or an i5 if you can up the budget. Also the graphics card you have chosen is a good mid range card but given the system is primarily for gaming I would lose the SSD and put the savings towards an i5-2500K and better video card.

What's your budget for this build? Would you consider building the PC yourself? Do you need a copy of Windows 7 and do you really need a Blu Ray drive?

3. LTMicro

LTMicro Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Also, i would try and go liquid cooled on your processor if possible... might save you from having to install 5 fans in the PC.