Possible multi Dr Who story

It appears there maybe another Children In Need multi Dr story. Only just finished paying the psychiatrist's bill on the first one.

http:www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=multi_doctor_who_team_up

Feel free to leave your comments on this or the first one Dimensions In Time. No swearing please.

All the best
Bri

Lol, yes I'm with you on that one !

I've always treated the multiple Doctor episodes with a love 'em or loathe attitude.

The Three doctors with Troughton, Pertwee & a bit of Hartnell - I thought worked, purely due to the interaction between Trooughton & Pertwee.

The Five Doctors I never liked, when it was shown originally or on DVD.

A mess from start to finish, using a clip from Shada to explain away where Tom Baker was / wasn't was pathetic. (you note that there wasn't a multiple Dr's ep during Tom Bakers reign)

Anyone remember the press photo with them all lined up including the Tom Baker dummy probably from the Doctor Who exhibition? hilarious !

The Two Doctors worked well possibly because of the great Troughton again, I've always seen Colin Baker in a bit of a love/hate light but I thought he was great in this one.

That's all folks !

Don't 'spect they'll be inviting Eccleston back after he left them in the lurch (though as it turned out, fortuitously).

Regards

Mark

Don't 'spect they'll be inviting Eccleston back after he left them in the lurch (though as it turned out, fortuitously).

Regards

Mark

Didn't think Eccleston was that bad, apart from when he smiled, he looked a bit simple!.

It looks like Tennant will be credited as bring back The Doctor, which is unfair, Eccleston was by far a darker Doctor which I preferred.

Besides Eccleston was always going to bugger off after one series, he notorious for moving on, shame we didn't get to see how this Doctor was going to develop.

Still can't decide on Tennant's portrayal, a bit to slapstick for me, when he's trying to be serious, it just isn't convincing.........

Though to his credit, like John Simm, he said that he played the Doctor as he was directed (bloody Russell T Davies, as bad as John Nathan Turner, but that's another conversation for a another thread ......)

I loved The Three Doctors, liked The Five Doctors a lot, wasn't so keen on The Two Doctors and hated the mess that was Dimemsions In Time. If Steven Moffat is involved in this one then it's got to be an improvement on DIT. It would be very nice to see an Eccleston/Tennant story.

Cheers
Bri

Thank god it's only for Children In Need !

Interesting that it's Peter & David........

This will be canon apparently ... just as the 2005 CIN mini-episode was
- so expect this to continue straight from the end of the last episode of S3 when DT goes 'what! what! ... ' because of the Titanic rear-ending his Tardis

possible spoilers:
there have been rumours that the fifth doctor may appear as a holographic projection, and it was already mentioned in the revived series that the Doctor's been on the Titanic (think it was Ecclescake to Billie. but don't really remember) ... so DT may be in for a recorded briefing regarding what he's about to encounter ... and will probably end on a mini-cliffhanger (as in 2005) that is resolved at the start of the Christmas special. The fact that PD will look older, fatter and balder than before his incarnation 'died' and regenerated into Colin Baker should be ignored, but I wouldn't mind an in joke or two about it :D. With Moffat behind it, and my favourite doctor after Tom (splendid chap, both of them ;)), it should be a nice little pre-Christmas present :smashin:

I loved The Three Doctors, liked The Five Doctors a lot, wasn't so keen on The Two Doctors
Bri
The 3 and the 5 where great although the ultimate villain in the 5 doctors was a bit of a turn around as he prior been on the side of the Doctor.
The " Doctors was hotch potch, the plot was poor, a lot of the acting was over the top and one of the neutral characters death was un called for and handeled very slopy.

This will be canon apparently ... just as the 2005 CIN mini-episode was
- so expect this to continue straight from the end of the last episode of S3 when DT goes 'what! what! ... ' because of the Titanic rear-ending his Tardis

Does that make the Eastwhingers crossover canon as well?:devil:

Cheers
Bri

:thumbsup:I think this will be broadcast on 23 November. Dr Who's 44th anniversary. A bit like The Five Doctors in 1983 on it's 20th.

All the best
Bri

Didn't think Eccleston was that bad, apart from when he smiled, he looked a bit simple!.

It looks like Tennant will be credited as bring back The Doctor, which is unfair, Eccleston was by far a darker Doctor which I preferred.

Besides Eccleston was always going to bugger off after one series, he notorious for moving on, shame we didn't get to see how this Doctor was going to develop.

Still can't decide on Tennant's portrayal, a bit to slapstick for me, when he's trying to be serious, it just isn't convincing.........

Though to his credit, like John Simm, he said that he played the Doctor as he was directed (bloody Russell T Davies, as bad as John Nathan Turner, but that's another conversation for a another thread ......)

Eccleston was one of the best Doctors ever, and I think that his portrayal of the Doctor developed right from his first episode. Tennant is rubbish in my oppinion, and his stories have been a bit rubbish, but due to the scripts as well.

Looks like a lovers tiff!!! :D

The interview with (writer) Steven Moffat in the Radio Times seemed to suggest that they will address/explain the fact that Davidson's Doctor looks older and beefier than whenhe regenerated...

(I'm at work at the moment so can't give you his exact quote, but he said something along the lines of "We thought we could do it as long as we could come up with an explanation of why Peter's Doctor looked different/older".)

The interview with (writer) Steven Moffat in the Radio Times seemed to suggest that they will address/explain the fact that Davidson's Doctor looks older and beefier than whenhe regenerated...

(I'm at work at the moment so can't give you his exact quote, but he said something along the lines of "We thought we could do it as long as we could come up with an explanation of why Peter's Doctor looked different/older".)

Yes they did. Just watched it and had a good laugh. Cheap and nice.

Regards
Bri

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom