Possible LOTR Extended (Pre-order) £43.99 @ sainsburysentertainment.co.uk

jammyone

Prominent Member
Reaction score
LOTR Extended (Pre-order) £43.99 @ sainsburysentertainment.co.uk

Use the code (for first time buyers) JSDB1605 for this price.

The code works but I haven't tried it as far as completing checkout because it's above the limit on what I want to spend on this and I can't be bothered to set up a new account to see if it works on my cards with a new email address.

Thanks to Jeikobu88 for the info.

Also with the above code you can get Star Wars Complete for £54.39, I have the feeling that Sainsburys are reacting to the recent Tesco code.

The thing I like about Sainsburys though is that they have a much wider range of pre-orders.

Last edited:
Very cool price if you want it day 1.

I think my price point's going to be £30.

Is Sainsbury's entertainment with quidco? I can't seem to find it. Just checked back and my disney BOGOF didn't track using main Sainsbury's link.

I don't think so, I know on TCB they say that Sainsburys Entertainment is not eligible cashback.

How do you get SW for the below then? I make it £54ish

>Star Wars Complete for £51.99

Will buy when it drops to 17.99. ;)

How do you get SW for the below then? I make it £54ish

>Star Wars Complete for £51.99

Yep you're right - it now comes up at £54.39, either it was a glitch or they have raised the price as people were ordering it last night for £51.99 on HUKD

Yep you're right - it now comes up at £54.39, either it was a glitch or they have raised the price as people were ordering it last night for £51.99 on HUKD

probably a price rise, 51.99 = 64.99 which is how much it is at bee (same basic company I think), I've decided to wait, surely it will be sub £50 pretty quickly.

I'm another one who's going to wait, I've set a limit of £30 for LOTR & £35 for SW, they'll both come down before Xmas I reckon.

Cheers just put in an order for 10 blu-rays :D

Does everyone know Sainsburys Entertainment authorise card payments immediately?

They won't actually take the money, but you won't be able to spend it for 2-3 weeks until the authorisation expires and your bank unreserve the funds.

Yeah, I can wait the two weeks after release.:D

Me too! :)

Ive never actually bought Lord of the Rings, always had it as a Xmas present. Could wait till Xmas again actually - should be a reasonable price then I reckon!

I watch them at christmas every other year and watched the theatrical cuts on BD last christmas, so can wait until christmas 2012.:D

Does everyone know Sainsburys Entertainment authorise card payments immediately?

They won't actually take the money, but you won't be able to spend it for 2-3 weeks until the authorisation expires and your bank unreserve the funds.

:eek: I do now, Just had £187 come out of my bank all on pre-orders, Inc Star Wars, Superman etc..leaving me pretty much skint till the end of the month or till it goes back into my bank, Very odd procedure :confused:

Ouch! Glad I checked this out before putting in an order for multiple boxsets :(

I don't think so, I know on TCB they say that Sainsburys Entertainment is not eligible cashback.

Its eligible, reason it aint tracking is because its not useing a quidco voucher, and it dont say anything under T&C about not being eligible anyway.

Last edited:
:eek: I do now, Just had £187 come out of my bank all on pre-orders, Inc Star Wars, Superman etc..leaving me pretty much skint till the end of the month or till it goes back into my bank, Very odd procedure :confused:

This seems to be normal practice for Tesco and Sainsburys, the funds should become available again in a few days.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom