Question Possible interference - Cables crossing

dantheman213

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm just about to begin some internal renovations on my property, as part of which we'll be doing a
full electrical rewire through out, and I'm also taking the opportunity to move all the network and AV kit to a cupboard under the stairs.

Now, the only concern I have is that due to the location of the consumer unit in relation to the location of the AV closet, there will be a point in the ceiling space where the AV/network cables will cross the electrical cabling. The cables will cross at a 90 degree angle but I'm slightly concerned this may introduce some interference.

Firstly, is this a valid concern based on people's past experience, and if you feel it may be is there anything I can put in place to minimise this. All cabling will be run in the ceiling space between the ground and first floor, so whilst I'll try to keep the cabling separate I may only be able to get it 100 / 200mm apart. Whilst I'll be in a position to test the Ethernet and power cabling prior to floorboards put back to down and plastering touched up, I'll be unable to test any of the Audio cabling.

TIA

Dan

I've personally got cables crossing at 90° with a similar gap with no issues. Running them parallel is a definite no no but crossing at a right angle helps a lot, if anything mine might even be a bit closer. YMMV

As above, as long as not running them parallel then fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom