Answered Possible Graphic Card Gone and What Card To Replace It?

Garrett

Installed the card and everythings to be OK graphically and running games but noticed the fans are not going round. Now there a red button right near the output of the card but that does not seem to do anything which I think realy for the LED Shaphire LOGO but it still on all the time, do the fans only kick in when the card getting hot?

Last edited:

sykotik

Distinguished Member
Installed the card and everythings to be OK graphically and running games but noticed the fans are not going round. Now there a red button right near the output of the card but that does not seem to do anything which I think realy for the LED Shaphire LOGO but it still on all the time, do the fans only kick in when the card getting hot?
Most Nvidia cards fans don't spin up until the card is unload load and the temps start to rise
i'm guessing AMD card do the same these days ,

run a game , get the card warmed up and see if their start to spin ..

AlpsUk

Try this Sapphire software. It will let you do a fan check also.

Garrett

Big thanks everyone with the help.:clap::clap::smashin::smashin:
I put a Jerry Goldsmith concert on the CD player as I was starting the card change over and as I was boot the new card up The Omen came on and I thought OH crap :eek: , but turned out OK. 😌

Garrett

Try this Sapphire software. It will let you do a fan check also.

Isn't TriXX the virus in The Crazies?

Ops thats Trixie :rolleyes: :laugh:

super-twisted

The red button at the back should cycle through the preset colours for the Sapphire logo. The Trixx app will let you choose any RGB colour you like.

The fans don't spin until the card reaches a certain temperature, so yes it's normal for them to be stationary at idle.

Garrett

The red button at the back should cycle through the preset colours for the Sapphire logo. The Trixx app will let you choose any RGB colour you like.

The fans don't spin until the card reaches a certain temperature, so yes it's normal for them to be stationary at idle.
Where that?
BTW saw someone with TriXX that had 5 tabs at the top and on mine I only have 3:confused:
Trixx.jpg

Last edited:

Garrett

Ah, you want the older version of Trixx for the RX4xx series cards. The new version doesn’t support all the features on the older cards.
I found an older version 6.8 rather than 7.3 enem though different from the one I saw the one I saw was like in the post above with 3 extra tabs but this is the one I now have.
TriXX 6.8.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom