Possible Bristol meet - late August?

Bristol Pete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about putting together a Bristol meet for the usual suspects.

Currently considering locations and ideas. As before, commence on the Friday, shoot on the Sat and then rendezvous and display a top ten on Sat evening - depart Sunday or meet up for a lunch time brew.

Who may be up for this? Ideally no more than 16 and would like the Guildford people there to be honest. Anyway, have a think.....

One thing I would say is that Bristol is a lot bigger than Guildford so the logistics would be harder so would need at least four drivers, with me being one - or hence me looking at options as we could potentially cover three locations from the centre by foot, thus negating the need for cars.

I am also trying to convince my best friend who is an ex fleet street pro who happens to have the most stunning portfolio to pop along and show us his top ten images from the past and have a questions and answer session.

Pete.

Hello there

I would be up for this, all depends on the dates. August may be a bad one for us with kids, I usually go away the last two weeks of August.

Will see how it goes.

:offtopic: Got a job coming up in Bristol this year and I may have to pop up there now and again so might pop in on you depending were the job is. If that's ok.

Cheers Holo:smashin::smashin:

I'm up for it - sounds great.

I would tend towards a centre based event/on foot as it makes the whole thing less hassle to organise. Also there is plenty to shoot in central Bristol

I'm up for it - sounds great.

I would tend towards a centre based event/on foot as it makes the whole thing less hassle to organise. Also there is plenty to shoot in central Bristol

Dan - great - be good to meet you, especially after the flickr-gate thing that nearly cost me my job !

Pete.

Yeah - that all got rather silly....

Feel free to give me a shout if you are free before the event - I can usually be persuaded out for a shoot and a beer :)

Hi Pete, I would be up for this, we are on hols first two weeks of August so mid/end of the month would be better for me. Cheers, Simon. :thumbsup:

I'm intrigued ... what was 'flickr-gate' all about, or shouldn't I ask?

Hi Pete, I would be up for this, we are on hols first two weeks of August so mid/end of the month would be better for me. Cheers, Simon. :thumbsup:

I'm intrigued ... what was 'flickr-gate' all about, or shouldn't I ask?

Best not talk about it to be honest....

Am looking at the last weekend in August to be honest or if Frank is desperate perhaps early to mid sept, but want some decent light.

no huge persuassion needed Gordon ! Im up for this meet. Anytime in Aug is ok, as we usually go on my hols in Sept.

I really enjoy bristol and have spent a fair few weekends there over the years. Would love to come and visit again.

Mark.

I will be up for this, we have friends who live in Portishead where I can stay and Lorna will no doubt come along too :clap:

As soon as you firm dates up, I'll comfirm :smashin:

edit: Oh, and I can provide transport if someone can lend me a prat-nav :laugh:

I'm on for this. I'd thought about suggesting the same some time ago but never got around to it. Bath is nearby as well (could be a Sunday option). I should be able provide a second car to the proceedings.

Nick used to live in Bristol; I'm fairly certain he'll be keen - he still loves the city. I've been to Bristol a few times but always to visit and never to take photos so it sounds like a good plan to me too. Anyway, I'll talk to Nick about it (or direct him to the thread) when he gets home from work.

...or, maybe, we should wait to see if Gordon thinks we're worthy? ;)

Miko

right, my proposed date is

30th August 2008.

I cant really move it as I have to prebook it now. So, if you can say yes, please confirm and I will start the list of people coming.

As before, I suggest no more than 16, 20 max, which includes me and Dan in Bristol, so please be quick. As with all meets its first come etc, not being elitist but we have to get through a lot of images on the evening. I would however consider 20 if the numbers dictate it. 4 teams of 5 or 5 of 4 - the 4's worked well together in Guildford, but you could do your own thing given the abbundance of themes on offer in and around the centre of Bristol.

Please commit on the thread and once clear we can take it to PM and email.

Pete.

Im in. Just need warning of dates to see if im not working and can get time off. Optimum manning has just been lowered so its a bit trickier to get time off, but not impossible.

I havent been to Bristol in years, used to live there for 3 years about 10 years ago. Do you remember the **** hole called Dave and Busters upCribbs Causeway .... i worked there after being a student. Its shut now i think.
Great days.

:thumbsup:

EDIT : Cant do the beginning week of August.

I've been hiding in a hole for the last few months because of various crap ... just popping my head up to be counted and will then be crawling back in :smashin: :rotfl:

Do you have anywhere in mind for us hotelwise Pete? I've only had a 2 minute search and the best it threw up was £75 a night - when you factor in petrol/train fares - it could turn into a prohibitably expensive one day of togging?

***snip***

I havent been to Bristol in years, used to live there for 3 years about 10 years ago. Do you remember the **** hole called Dave and Busters upCribbs Causeway .... i worked there after being a student. Its shut now i think.
Great days.

:thumbsup:

:rotfl: That's just around the corner from me! It's now a bowling alley type place (still classy!). I never really 'got' D&Bs - what exactly was it supposed to be!?

Regarding where to stay, not sure, there are plenty of cheap options, but they need searching. Will look into it and see what I can find.

Pete.

OK so far we have the following people coming -

Me (bristol pete)

Dan ( who I suspect will confirm)

Strobe

Py6KM

Mpritch

Steve Green

Kinchy

Gordon

Tobers

Mr Chris