Possible banding on my panasonic gz 2000 65in

The naughty parson

Novice Member
Hi all .
Recently I purchased a panasonic gz 65 inch 20000 to replace my fz 952 and to my disappointment it appears I have what's commonly known as banding which is particularly visible during football matches.
Contacted panasonic and they sent an engineer who told me there's nothing they can do because it's the panel structure that I'm seeing and If they replaced it with a new one it wouldn't make any difference.
Now I was under the impression that banding is bad panal uniformity not because you can see the construction of the panal surly if that was the case I would have noticed it on the fz.
Any help on this matter would be much appreciated as this is my first time on a forum.

wesslan

Some "streaks" is often visible, usually very dark grey content but it's very very hard to see on my hz2000. And it's much better than my old sony oled from 2018. I don't watch sports though.

deon444

Distinguished Member
Hi all .
Recently I purchased a panasonic gz 65 inch 20000 to replace my fz 952 and to my disappointment it appears I have what's commonly known as banding which is particularly visible during football matches.
Contacted panasonic and they sent an engineer who told me there's nothing they can do because it's the panel structure that I'm seeing and If they replaced it with a new one it wouldn't make any difference.
Now I was under the impression that banding is bad panal uniformity not because you can see the construction of the panal surly if that was the case I would have noticed it on the fz.
Any help on this matter would be much appreciated as this is my first time on a forum.
Who did you buy it from,as you should send it back because you really shouldn't see banding when watching football. Even the worst sets I have had for banding never showed banding when watching any sports. They only appeared during near dark scenes.

ashenfie

My old Oled you could just see banding during football, Most notable when the grass is cut with the light and darker grass colouring.

My gz950 you can see that and who have to look very hard in some test patterns to find any. I would look to return the TV.

The naughty parson

Novice Member
Hi guys and thanks for the reply.

I brought my gz from panasonic directly and have a 5 year warranty and as I said the engineer told me that it was the make up of the panel it self that I was seeing which I really don't get.
Great point about seeing banding more so on lighter shades of graas during football particularly on normal hd broadcast not uhd.
I have since visited youtube to do grey scale test myself at 1 to 100% and can clearly see two pale bars running down the middle of the screen also what looks like dark patches particularly visible at lower percentages.
I have tried the panel maintenance feature and it hasn't made any difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom