Possibility of F1 on 360?

M

MBuck

Does anybody know or any fact or rumour that there will be a liscenced F1 game on the 360 in te future? I'm already looking forward to Forza 2 but would love an F1 game of the same quality.

Yep and they have that exclusive contract for a good few years.

Id like to see a NASCAR game maybe on the 360. Or at the very least a dedicated 360 version of Race Driver 3.

Absolutely! I think a Touring Car game would be great.

I'd love an F1 game. Maybe we'll get A1 racing on the 360.

Or even the Masters series - that would be fun.

I thought there were plans to release the Geoff Crammond Grand Prix game on the original XBox - dunno what happened to that one? But his efforts have produced by far the best F1 games ever and I'm sure he could make a corking F1 360 game... I don't care about the licences and I wouldn't shed a tear if I never saw another Sony/Psygnosis F1 game ever (or an EA one for that matter) - they're all rubbish.

Soldier I said:
Absolutely! I think a Touring Car game would be great.

I'm sure Toca 3 will come the 360's way in the fullness of time :)

Kieron said:
Or even the Masters series - that would be fun.

OK, so maybe a licence in this case would be fun - it's been a long time since I've been able to pretend I'm Nigel Mansell :thumbsup:

I think the Crammond GP4 for Xbox1 was cancelled when Microprose went under a few years back. Its a real shame because Im sure it would have been great.

Imagine a full GP4 grand prix with all sim options on, on Xbox Live!

That's a shame, I didn't know Microprose had bitten the dust - I used to buy all their sims back in the day.... we used to have great fun during office lunch hours playing F1GP on the Amiga... bit of a primitive form of Xbox Live... you used to have to take it in turns to do a few laps, whilst your mate was driving the computer drove your car for you :rolleyes:

A Crammond game on the 360 would be awesome, with Hi-Def GFX, surround sound and Live it would put Sony to shame... I'd love to see a version of "Stunt Car Racer" and "The Sentinel" on the Live Arcade too... :smashin:

Steve-L said:
That's a shame, I didn't know Microprose had bitten the dust - I used to buy all their sims back in the day.... we used to have great fun during office lunch hours playing F1GP on the Amiga... bit of a primitive form of Xbox Live... you used to have to take it in turns to do a few laps, whilst your mate was driving the computer drove your car for you :rolleyes:

A Crammond game on the 360 would be awesome, with Hi-Def GFX, surround sound and Live it would put Sony to shame... I'd love to see a version of "Stunt Car Racer" and "The Sentinel" on the Live Arcade too... :smashin:
I used to love F1GP on the Amiga too! I'd spend hours on it….

I wonder what Crammond is upto now. GP4 must have been 3 or 4 years ago now. That would be a brilliant move for MS if they could get him on board to make a new driving sim for the 360.

Trist said:
I used to love F1GP on the Amiga too! I'd spend hours on it….

I wonder what Crammond is upto now. GP4 must have been 3 or 4 years ago now. That would be a brilliant move for MS if they could get him on board to make a new driving sim for the 360.

Probably showing my age here but long before he made GP he made a superb (in it's day) F1 sim for the BBC Micro that let you race around Silverstone... (nowhere else mind - it only had one track)... we used to play on that at the computer club at school :)

No idea what has happend to him, just seems to have vanished, along with lots of other great names... Braben, Bell, Braybrook :(

Steve-L said:
Probably showing my age here but long before he made GP he made a superb (in it's day) F1 sim for the BBC Micro that let you race around Silverstone... (nowhere else mind - it only had one track)... we used to play on that at the computer club at school :)
The game was called Revs.

Steve-L said:
No idea what has happend to him[Crammond], just seems to have vanished, along with lots of other great names... Braben, Bell, Braybrook :(
I'm sure Crammond is still working on games somewhere, I remember reading an article recently in either Games TM or Retro Gamer. He was supposedly working on an update to Stuntcar Racer but I think that has fallen flat.

As far as I remember Braybrook left the games industry.

Can't remember which way round it is but either Braben or Bell is working on a new version of Elite. I should really have done some searching before posting this! :D

Nope, I did a quick google too - thought he might have had a personal site or something, but nothing came up, on the first page at least.

A new Elite game eh? Just imagine that on Live Arcade - I can just see it now - battling thargoid's and trading my way to unlocking the "elite" acheivement :thumbsup:

Best I managed to reach was "Deadly" on the C64 :cool:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom