• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Possibility of F1 on 360?

M

MBuck

Does anybody know or any fact or rumour that there will be a liscenced F1 game on the 360 in te future? I'm already looking forward to Forza 2 but would love an F1 game of the same quality.

danvitale

Yep and they have that exclusive contract for a good few years.

Id like to see a NASCAR game maybe on the 360. Or at the very least a dedicated 360 version of Race Driver 3.

Deeez Nuuutz

Distinguished Member
Absolutely! I think a Touring Car game would be great.

Kieron

Distinguished Member
I'd love an F1 game. Maybe we'll get A1 racing on the 360.

Or even the Masters series - that would be fun.

Steve-L

I thought there were plans to release the Geoff Crammond Grand Prix game on the original XBox - dunno what happened to that one? But his efforts have produced by far the best F1 games ever and I'm sure he could make a corking F1 360 game... I don't care about the licences and I wouldn't shed a tear if I never saw another Sony/Psygnosis F1 game ever (or an EA one for that matter) - they're all rubbish.

Soldier I said:
Absolutely! I think a Touring Car game would be great.

I'm sure Toca 3 will come the 360's way in the fullness of time :)

Kieron said:
Or even the Masters series - that would be fun.

OK, so maybe a licence in this case would be fun - it's been a long time since I've been able to pretend I'm Nigel Mansell :thumbsup:

danvitale

I think the Crammond GP4 for Xbox1 was cancelled when Microprose went under a few years back. Its a real shame because Im sure it would have been great.

Imagine a full GP4 grand prix with all sim options on, on Xbox Live!

Steve-L

That's a shame, I didn't know Microprose had bitten the dust - I used to buy all their sims back in the day.... we used to have great fun during office lunch hours playing F1GP on the Amiga... bit of a primitive form of Xbox Live... you used to have to take it in turns to do a few laps, whilst your mate was driving the computer drove your car for you :rolleyes:

A Crammond game on the 360 would be awesome, with Hi-Def GFX, surround sound and Live it would put Sony to shame... I'd love to see a version of "Stunt Car Racer" and "The Sentinel" on the Live Arcade too... :smashin:

Trist

Steve-L said:
That's a shame, I didn't know Microprose had bitten the dust - I used to buy all their sims back in the day.... we used to have great fun during office lunch hours playing F1GP on the Amiga... bit of a primitive form of Xbox Live... you used to have to take it in turns to do a few laps, whilst your mate was driving the computer drove your car for you :rolleyes:

A Crammond game on the 360 would be awesome, with Hi-Def GFX, surround sound and Live it would put Sony to shame... I'd love to see a version of "Stunt Car Racer" and "The Sentinel" on the Live Arcade too... :smashin:
I used to love F1GP on the Amiga too! I'd spend hours on it….

I wonder what Crammond is upto now. GP4 must have been 3 or 4 years ago now. That would be a brilliant move for MS if they could get him on board to make a new driving sim for the 360.

Steve-L

Trist said:
I used to love F1GP on the Amiga too! I'd spend hours on it….

I wonder what Crammond is upto now. GP4 must have been 3 or 4 years ago now. That would be a brilliant move for MS if they could get him on board to make a new driving sim for the 360.

Probably showing my age here but long before he made GP he made a superb (in it's day) F1 sim for the BBC Micro that let you race around Silverstone... (nowhere else mind - it only had one track)... we used to play on that at the computer club at school :)

No idea what has happend to him, just seems to have vanished, along with lots of other great names... Braben, Bell, Braybrook :(

bishman

Steve-L said:
Probably showing my age here but long before he made GP he made a superb (in it's day) F1 sim for the BBC Micro that let you race around Silverstone... (nowhere else mind - it only had one track)... we used to play on that at the computer club at school :)
The game was called Revs.

bishman

Steve-L said:
No idea what has happend to him[Crammond], just seems to have vanished, along with lots of other great names... Braben, Bell, Braybrook :(
I'm sure Crammond is still working on games somewhere, I remember reading an article recently in either Games TM or Retro Gamer. He was supposedly working on an update to Stuntcar Racer but I think that has fallen flat.

As far as I remember Braybrook left the games industry.

Can't remember which way round it is but either Braben or Bell is working on a new version of Elite. I should really have done some searching before posting this! :D

Steve-L

Nope, I did a quick google too - thought he might have had a personal site or something, but nothing came up, on the first page at least.

A new Elite game eh? Just imagine that on Live Arcade - I can just see it now - battling thargoid's and trading my way to unlocking the "elite" acheivement :thumbsup:

Best I managed to reach was "Deadly" on the C64 :cool:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom