Possibility of Audio through Bluetooth speakers with Projector BenQ W1070

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by azcardsfan, Oct 6, 2015.

1. azcardsfan

azcardsfan
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently replaced my TV for BenQ W1070, which instead of mounting on the ceiling, I have it sitting on a tripod about 6 ft high behind the couch in my living room projecting on the wall. Its only been a week and Im getting tired of the low quality sound from the projector.

Currently, I have one HDMI connected to Xbox One and the other HDMI connected to XBMC/Kodi Android TV Box.

Theoretically, connecting the audio to a Bluetooth transmitter and connecting that to Bluetooth Soundbar/Speakers & Subwoofers should work but I dont know if its a realistic possibility. I am wondering if there's a way to connect Bluetooth speakers so I dont have to deal with wires and I can place speakers in different locations and not have to worry about wiring.

I DONT intend on buying a Receiver unless that's my only option. This is my first setup so bare with me.

If this is a possibility, I plan on buying either SONOS Sound Bar with 2 Compact Smart Speakers or VIZIO SB4051-C0

I would appreciate some feedback.

2. SteveCritten

SteveCritten
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,550
    Why not get a receiver/amp and speakers so much more connectivity.
    Does the 1070 have sound output?

3. ShanePJ

ShanePJ
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Unit 4 The Sidings, Bacup, Lancs, OL13 9RW
    Ratings:
    +649
    If you're looking to simplify your system with HDMI connectivity, but don't want to have speakers scattered around the room then simply take a look at any HDMI switching Soundbar. This will enable you to send a visual signal to the projector and connect your other electronics (in PMC mode) it which will then allow it to processed the soundbar and send the image to the projector.

If you look at some of the Yamaha Soundbar's you'll also see that some of these also allow surround sound effect meaning you can enjoy basic surround sound from a single bar at the front of the room.

Regards, Shane.

4. Mlacey33

Mlacey33
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm curious what your solution was. I have the same problem.we want to mount our projector, but don't have a sound system other than a stand alone Bose speaker which we currently plug in.