Poss problem with TH42PX80B hdmi 1 input!

stratts

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I got the above TV saturday and tried to connect my PS3 via hdmi 1. It was the 1st time my PS3 was connected via hdmi so I had to hold the on button for a few seconds so it enabled but would not show up on screen!!

Moved it to hdmi 2 and it works ok. I re-plugged it into hdmi 1 but nothing comes on screen!

Is there something I need to do or does it sound like the hdmi 1 socket is faulty?

Trouble is I have no other hdmi source to test in socket 1.

Cheers

Stratts

There's nothing to do on the TV side. HDMI1 should work when the device is plugged in. Switch everything off at the mains plugs and try again?

Right tried switching everything off and no luck!!

PS3 works ok in hdmi 2 & 3 but not in 1. Is there a factory reset I can do somehow as it was straight out of the box?

Other than that I spose it's back to currys!!

Can't find the factory reset in the setup menu. Is it the one about returning to shipping conditions?

You then get a warning about the channels being lost??

Cheers

Can't find the factory reset in the setup menu. Is it the one about returning to shipping conditions?

You then get a warning about the channels being lost??

Cheers
Yep, sorry. That's the one. |It sets it back to the condition it left the factory or when it was first shipped. So you would need to retune stations after the reset.

Nope that didn't work either bloody thing!!

Anyone any more ideas before I take it back to Currys? :(

I would take it back, because if that socket has failed then you never know what might else fail.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom