• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Positioning KEF T301 Speakers

Smokestone

Novice Member
Hi

I have just purchased KEF T301 front and centre speakers with the intention of putting my tv on the chimney breast. My tv takes up the width of the chimney breast therefore I have 3 options for the front speaker placement. 1. Put them on the floor, 2. Put them on the wall either side of the tv which will mean they are about a foot behind the tv or 3. find/make brackets so they are level with and beside the tv, ie on the side of the chimney breast but facing forwards (if that makes sense).

Any advise is much appreciated.

Thanks

Neil

adam-burnley

Distinguished Member
Are you able to extend the chimney breast to accommodate the speakers?

I actually have the T301s, but the wall is flat -

20180208_152525.jpg

I also have another setup with a similar challenge to yours, but have MK MP-7 speakers that are not as flat as the Kefs, so mounting further back than the TV was not much of an issue -

20171010_161708.jpg

Smokestone

Novice Member
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that is a possibility, I never gave that one a thought and would only need to widen by about 6 inches either side. I've got a plasterer coming to do my entire lounge at the end of the March so that would give me enough time.

Thanks for the idea.

adam-burnley

Distinguished Member
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that is a possibility, I never gave that one a thought and would only need to widen by about 6 inches either side. I've got a plasterer coming to do my entire lounge at the end of the March so that would give me enough time.

Thanks for the idea.
It would probably be the neatest way, albeit a little more work and expense. It would also make it easier to run speaker cables within the wall too. I would fit some 20mm or so conduit to run the cable in, and then fill the void within the stud frame with fluffy insulation so that it doesn't reverberate like a drum.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom