position of in ceiling surround speakers

Pilsudski

audioplan.png

Hi,

I have a Sonos Arc soundbar and a pair of Sonance by Sonos in ceiling speakers which are meant to be used as surround speakers as marked on the scheme above in red. Question: where exactly should the in ceiling speakers best be placed? The ceiling is about 2.5m high, how far behind the listening position should they atleast be placed and how close to the wall/window? I am struggling to find some guidelines about this specific situation.

Broadsword

Have you got your subwoofer in a different room? I’m not sure about your query, where you have them looks as good as anywhere, I wouldnt want them any further back. It’s a compromise whatever you in that situation though. Can you not get some on wall speakers for left and right of the listening position and then use the ceiling speakers as atmos? I’m assuming it’s all glass one side?

Pilsudski

Yes one side is all in glass, i was planning to put the sub in a closet but already changed my mind about that it will probably be in the back of the living room i suppose that is ok.

Yes i realise it is a compromise, speakers on the wall is not possible as one side is glass and the only solution is putting them on speaker stands which is something the love of my life does not agree with unfortunately.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom