Question Porting to other network then back to EE

garryboy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Long and short of it.

I had a sim only contract with EE which I used in my iPhone se that I purchased outright. I fancied a new phone (pixel 2) but the best upgrade deal I could get direct was £30/month for 1gb data. Not great value.

In the end I've taken a new EE contract out with Mobiles.co.uk. £22/month and £35 upfront. 2gb data.

Now I want to keep my number from my sim only deal. I'm told I can't port within EE so I'll need to Port to a PAYG sim from another network and then port the number back to my new EE line.

I've ordered sims from all the other providers.

Has anyone else done this and was it straight forward and which network should I go to? Will I need to have credit in the account to be able to Port the number back out or any time limits before I can port it back to EE

Any help appreciated.
Garry

I've ported my number to Vodafone PAYG sim. Should transfer over today then ill get my PAC code from them and transfer it back to EE.

If anyone interested

Number now with Vodafone. But damn it the won't let me port it back to EE untill 7 days from activating the vodafone sim.

I've topped it up with some credit to ride me through the next 6 days then I'll try again.

Ah the joys!

I just done this on EE as I got a new Pixel XL2, ported my old contract number out to a Tesco PAYG SIM, phoned up next day once moved, got PAC from Tesco CS straight away and transferred back to EE within a few days, abit of hassle but it went quick and smoothly

I just done this on EE as I got a new Pixel XL2, ported my old contract number out to a Tesco PAYG SIM, phoned up next day once moved, got PAC from Tesco CS straight away and transferred back to EE within a few days, abit of hassle but it went quick and smoothly
Lol that advice would have been handy before opting for Vodafone.

A few will be 7 days on Sunday so I'll try again then. Bit of a pain but still a lot easier than having a new number and taking a new line with Mobiles.co.uk was way cheaper than the best upgrade deal I could get form EE even with 20% NHS staff discount.

Is it just me who thinks this whole business of "having" to go to another provider and back again to keep one's number is enough of an idiotic faff that I'd probably port to another provider and stay there.

Is it just me who thinks this whole business of "having" to go to another provider and back again to keep one's number is enough of an idiotic faff that I'd probably port to another provider and stay there.
Depends if your happy with who your with, EE are the best for me as I get BT Sport included in my plan, I got a great deal with mobiles.co.uk, EE themselves couldn't come close to it when I wanted to upgrade directly, for the sake of a couple of phone calls getting PAC codes and waiting 3/4 days to keep your number it's a no brainer imo

Depends if your happy with who your with, EE are the best for me as I get BT Sport included in my plan, I got a great deal with mobiles.co.uk, EE themselves couldn't come close to it when I wanted to upgrade directly, for the sake of a couple of phone calls getting PAC codes and waiting 3/4 days to keep your number it's a no brainer imo
Exactly same as me.
Lodged a complaint in the end with Vodafone due to lack of clarity on the PAC code front and they gave it to me last Thursday. Hopefully number should be back at EE on Tuesday.

As you said not that big of nuisance to save hundreds of pounds over the 2 years.

I get what yours saying. Just surprised the big phone providers can't compete with the likes of mobiles.co.uk and carphonewharehouse.
If you were able to transfer your number on the same network then nobody would upgrade at all. They would all be taking out new cheaper deals and then transferring the number across.

Basically the networks are making it difficult in order for the majority to upgrade for convenience at the expense of cost.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom