Porting out for a month and then back to o2

E

Evelyn

Guest
My o2 contract expires in mid-October. I really want to keep my number but I also want the deal of the free hands free for the car that o2 is doing for new customers. I changed my number last year for the first time and want to keep this one. I read a post about a short term contract you can port out to (see I sound as if I really know what I am talking about!) I am more than happy with the 6230i I will get with a new deal. Can anyone remember who the provider was who did short term contracts? Many thanks
Evelyn
 

cracker

Novice Member
www.easymobile.com

buy an easymobile simcard (£3) and port your number to it during signup, they have no minimum commitment and it's all done online so just a few clicks to port your number in and a couple more to port it out again when you are ready for your new contract

the sim costs £3 but if you add "07962487670" in the referral tick-box when you sign up you will get a total of £41 free credit on the sim to use up until you are ready to port your number out again

ive done this to keep a couple of numbers i wanted to port back to the same network on new contracts and it worked 100% every time :thumbsup:
 
E

Evelyn

Guest
Cracker
Thanks for this. I presume I cant do this until I ask o2 for a MAC code which I cant do till the middle of next month - am I right?
Ev
 

cracker

Novice Member
yes you will need the PAC code from O2 before you signup to easymobile, they cant do it after you have signed-up

the easymobile offers change from week to week, but they are usually quite good with a decent amount of free credit to get you going, and if you remember to put in that referral code you will automatically get £5 extra credit on top of whatever they are offering at the time

:smashin:
 
D

davethetekkie

Guest
O2 will give you a PAC code anytime you want. You still need to pay line rental to the end of your contract, but it doesn't have to have expired before you ask for it. If you're in month 11 of a 12 month then technically you're eligible for upgrade. When you get to this stage in mid-september I'd ask the retentions department if they'd be able to offer you a free in-car kit anyway and that way you don't lose your account tenure (basically the longer you're with O2 the better handset you can get each year even if your monthly spend stays the same)
 

Downinja

Well-known Member
Speak to someone from o2, whilst it's usually reserved for new customers if you ask someone nicely they will often give you stuff just to keep your custom.
 

woody67

Novice Member
I've just enquired with O2 about an upgrade to a w810i and they quoted £90.

I mentioned that I could get a better deal if I left them and asked if they were interested in keeping customers.

The guy said ... "to be honest, your monthly spend [£19] is too low and we are really in business to make money on higher spenders"
 

neilmcl

Well-known Member
woody67 said:
I've just enquired with O2 about an upgrade to a w810i and they quoted £90.

I mentioned that I could get a better deal if I left them and asked if they were interested in keeping customers.

The guy said ... "to be honest, your monthly spend [£19] is too low and we are really in business to make money on higher spenders"
Well with that attitude I hope you told them to get stuffed.
 

andyr300

Active Member
they said somehting similar to me,but i was on an absolutely crackin deal last year,so i was expecting it.i was only paying £10 a month and gettin 500txts and 300 off peak anyone mins and i got a k750i for only £30 (was the best phone out at the time)
 

neilmcl

Well-known Member
Has anyone actually done this with Orange and if so how long did they wait between having the number actually ported out and contacting Orange to port back in under a new contract.
 

piratetigger

Standard Member
I also had a problem with upgrade on O2, wanted £120 to upgrade to a K800 on a £25 contract. Selling it to new customers on the website for nothing, and on a £19 contract. So I requested my PAC code, and then signed up to a new contract on the O2 website.

When it arrived I rang up customer services, gave them my PAC code, and 7 days later I had my number transferred to my new sim. Saves the hassle of getting another sim, and I am now paying £19, not £25:cool:
 

cracker

Novice Member
neilmcl said:
Has anyone actually done this with Orange and if so how long did they wait between having the number actually ported out and contacting Orange to port back in under a new contract.
when my PAC code arrived from orange (took 3 days via post), i signed up to easymobile on the same day, and bought my new orange mobile on the same day too (didnt give them a pac code or anything)

once my number had transferred onto easymobile (about 7 days it takes) i left my number on there for a week so any changes had filtered through any relevant databases, then got a PAC code from them (arrived 5 mins later by email)

easy really :thumbsup:

when you start a new orange contract you have 30 days in which to supply them with a PAC code for a number you want to port in
 

neilmcl

Well-known Member
Did you wait for your final bill from Orange on your old account before porting back in on the new Orange account?
 

cracker

Novice Member
i was already well outside my 12 month contract so it didnt matter when i did it

my original orange phone was disconnected 7 days after i used my PAC at easymobile
 

mburton2

Novice Member
cracker said:
www.easymobile.com

buy an easymobile simcard (£3) and port your number to it during signup, they have no minimum commitment and it's all done online so just a few clicks to port your number in and a couple more to port it out again when you are ready for your new contract

the sim costs £3 but if you add "07962487670" in the referral tick-box when you sign up you will get a total of £41 free credit on the sim to use up until you are ready to port your number out again

ive done this to keep a couple of numbers i wanted to port back to the same network on new contracts and it worked 100% every time :thumbsup:
LOL...Let me guess what your mobile number is! :hiya: :laugh:
 
I'm currently with Orange on a contract (been with them for something like 16months now, so am well past my 12months). I'm on a £25/month contract, but very very rarely go over my contract limits, and so i'm not a worthy customer in their eyes. Because of this i'm only being offered a D600e as an upgrade, they even want £50 for a k750i!

If i take the method shown in this thread how easy is it to do? and am i likely to experience any problems when signing up for Orange again? ie. will they take into account my old details from them, or will everything be new again? I need to be sure as i can't lose my number (i'm in the middle of job hunting, so losing my number would not be all that good!).

How quickly could i do this? and could someone give a step by step idiots guide as to how to do it? :)

I'm looking at new Orange contracts and i can get a k800i on a £25/month contract easily enough as a new customer. Not sure about the D900 as they have that as out of stock at the moment.
 

neilmcl

Well-known Member
Matthoulb said:
I'm looking at new Orange contracts and i can get a k800i on a £25/month contract easily enough as a new customer. Not sure about the D900 as they have that as out of stock at the moment.
You can get much better deals if you look on some of the retailer sites from Carphone Warehouse, OneStopShop, E2save etc especially if you go for one of the various cashback deals. Once I port my number out I won't be going directly via the provider ever again, they're such a rip-off.

Cracker has already posted how to do all thi here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368425
 

/////AMG

Novice Member
cracker said:
www.easymobile.com

buy an easymobile simcard (£3) and port your number to it during signup, they have no minimum commitment and it's all done online so just a few clicks to port your number in and a couple more to port it out again when you are ready for your new contract

the sim costs £3 but if you add "07962487670" in the referral tick-box when you sign up you will get a total of £41 free credit on the sim to use up until you are ready to port your number out again

ive done this to keep a couple of numbers i wanted to port back to the same network on new contracts and it worked 100% every time :thumbsup:
Is anyone else with EasyMobile? Can you please give me your mobile number?
Looks like crackers number doesn't work and/or (most likely) he has used up his invitation.

The message I get:
Voucher number 07962487670 is not valid or the number is not active. Unfortunately the referrer 07962487670 has already used all invitations
:(
 
B

bbay

Guest
:clap: Ok simple thing, i suggest that you take a look at other providers and dont go for these stupid advertisements:lesson: , most mobile providers let you keep your number, but O2 are normally the best company to go with, alternativly you can move your number over to pay as you go so that you do not get anymore hassle from your contract...

I hope this sorts things out for you

BBay
 

neilmcl

Well-known Member
bbay said:
:clap: Ok simple thing, i suggest that you take a look at other providers and dont go for these stupid advertisements:lesson: , most mobile providers let you keep your number, but O2 are normally the best company to go with, alternativly you can move your number over to pay as you go so that you do not get anymore hassle from your contract...

I hope this sorts things out for you

BBay
:confused:
 

cracker

Novice Member
bbay said:
I hope this sorts things out for you

BBay
no, it doesnt

none of what you just said bears ANY resemblance to any of the questions or issues raised in this thread :boring: :suicide:
 

neilmcl

Well-known Member
cracker said:
no, it doesnt

none of what you just said bears ANY resemblance to any of the questions or issues raised in this thread :boring: :suicide:
He must have taken a wrong turn somewhere ;)
 

Similar threads

Trending threads

Top Bottom