Portable Wifi Hotspot on HTC Desire HD

rickinyorkshire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm attempting to set-up a Wifi Hotspot on my Desire HD so my Nexus 7 can connect when out and about.

It is able to connect to it OK but it's not able to browse the internet. I notice the Wifi Hotspot on the Desire HD has 3G above it.. but 3G has always been slow for me and would prefer it to use the HDSPA network instead. Is this possible?

An update on this. Turns out I have to pay t-mobile £5 p/m for a tethering booster. :(

I suspect this limitation is caused by T-mobile custom software as it would be impossible to tell the difference in net traffic between a DHD and a Nexus7.

I'd be tempted to root the DHD and install a custom ROM such as cyanogenmod to free yourself from T-mobiles limitations, with the added benefit that you'll be able to install new versions of android which won't be officially coming to the DHD, I'm currently running CM 9 (ice cream sandwich) on my DHD.

I suspect this limitation is caused by T-mobile custom software as it would be impossible to tell the difference in net traffic between a DHD and a Nexus7.

I'd be tempted to root the DHD and install a custom ROM such as cyanogenmod to free yourself from T-mobiles limitations, with the added benefit that you'll be able to install new versions of android which won't be officially coming to the DHD, I'm currently running CM 9 (ice cream sandwich) on my DHD.

I've agreed to change my price plan - upgraded to the 'full monty' which is a grand total of 16p more than i pay now. The Full Monty plan includes tethering.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom