1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable speakers.... Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by mcfarfs, Aug 17, 2005.

1. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi guys, I would like to get some portable speakers, just for chilling in the park with mates, etc.

Do you think I should get these Sony's, or these Philips speakers?

Obviously the Sony speakers are less than half the price of the Philips, but do you guys reckon it is worth paying the extra for the latter ones? I would like the best possible sound, but I obviously need a compromise between cost and performance!

Comments welcome, both from those who have heard these speakers and those who havn't.

Cheers.

2. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,981
    I got some Creative ones and they are good for little speakers, I'm sure they are more money than those you have shortlisted though.

3. alike

alike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whatever you do, DONT get those little sony ones they sound like sh*t. try the sony srs-t80, they sound decent and are about the same price as the philips ones, but look on ebay and i think you can get them for around £20. the creative i-300's (about £40) are good too, but not great for distorted guitar music if thats what you like to listen to

4. namastebuzz

namastebuzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I tried the Sony SRS T80 for £30 (rrp£60) better model than the ones you're considering here and the creative Travelsound 200 £30 from Costco review here on LordPercy's excellent site.

The Travelsound speakers were miles better than the Sonys and great value. Buy them if you only want to spend £30.

5. JuzzyD

JuzzyD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    We've just got the Creative Travelsound 400, which not only looks good but sounds good too.

6. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks guys I went for the Philips ones in the end.

They sound amazing for such small things, I can recommend them to anyone!

:thumbsup:

7. Syl

Syl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd say get the Creative speakers. A while ago I was able to compare them with Sony's and Creative's were far better for audio quality. :hiya:

8. redherring

redherring

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dunno if this thread is still active, but a word of warning about the creative travelsound 200- I own some, which are great, but after about a month of using them for a few hours a day(intensive i agree, but still no to bad) they hardly work at all. The colume control has to be "tuned" to get the sound to sound clear and uncracled- its getting worse by the day and is very annoying!