Portable Satellite Receiver kit £29.99 Lidl starts 08/06/09

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by avkidmaster, Jun 12, 2009.

1. avkidmaster

avkidmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey everyone, so basically I first heard about this Satellite reciever on the net via other forums. It is silvercrest reciever and everything. I was wondering what channels can i recieve with this kit and also if i point to other Satellites will it be able to recieve foreign satellite channels and if so which channels would they be. I am new to satellites , so i apologies for the newbie questions i post and may post in the future. I have just gained interest into satellites.

Has anyone have/had this reciever before and what channels do you get is it worth buying? Any HD channels (Doesn't really matter if its not HD)

Thanks, Avkidmaster.

Please post replies A.S.AP as they may get snapped up quickly.

2. SamRadford

SamRadford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    OK, feel free to snap up my reply quickly.

I think this is a cheap receiver by Comag. In my experience it's a good "starter" pack but not very reliable. Also the dish tends to be weak.

At that price it definitely won't support HD!

3. avkidmaster

avkidmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply m8, Im new to this so would it be worth buying it? Do you have any ideas on the channels i may receive? Will i just recieve BBC 1,2,3 ITV 1,2,3. Because if that is what i will receive then its kinda pointless. By the way if i point to a particular satellite (Not BSkyB One) e.g Eutelsat what channels will i recieve and will this kit pick it up?

4. fernandez

fernandez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    You will only be able to receive FTA (Free To Air) channels on this receiver from any satellite - what exactly were you hoping to get.
    The dish supplied is on the small side except for very strong signals such as Astra2/Eurobird at 28E

Have a look here FlySat Satellite Home for FTA channels on various satellites, but bear in mind dish size required

You may also find LyngSat - Lyngemark Satellite useful

5. avkidmaster

avkidmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey, Thanks for the reply i really appreciate it. The satellite reciever kit has sold out unfortunately at my local store (Well, thats what they say). I have found on the net a PCI Satellite card, called SkyStar something like that and also there is a USB version. Apparently, from what i have read is that i can put this card in my pci slot or usb slot and connect a Satellite dish and i can view foreign satellite. Has anyone heard or tried this what channels did you/or do you recieve any sports,movies, documentry and are most channels encrypted. Could I Buy this Skystar from Maplins,PC World etc and whats the Approx price? is this worth buying?

Thanks everyone,

Regards,Avkidmaster

6. fernandez

fernandez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  7. avkidmaster

avkidmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey, Thanks again m8. You say that All platforms for sports and movies are encrypted. So is it worth getting foreign satellite or not?

Which of the following cards would you say will be the best?

StarSky Card

K-Word DVB-S Satellite PCI Card
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97820&C=SO&U=strat15

Compro VideoMate
    Compro VideoMate S350 Digital Satellite TV Analog Tuner + Video/Audio Capture Card - Scan.co.uk

and i will get a second hand dish from Car boot sale or something but do not know which size. Any recommendations.

Do you have a foreign Satellite dish/reciever and What do you recieve, Which satellite do you poin it at?

Thanks again!

All help greatly appreciated.

Regards,AvKid Master

8. fernandez

fernandez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    I have a (quite elderly) Echostar AD3000ip and motorised 1.5M dish plus various cards and CAMs collected over the years, most of which are now useless.
    Gone are the days when dozens of European packages were hacked - discussion of the means of doing this is not allowed on here - and even with my trusty T-Rex CAM and Diablo CAM about all there's left of any real interest is DigiTV on 1W Digi TV on Thor 5 & Intelsat 10-02 at 0.8°W - LyngSat.
    There's still plenty of FTA around if you check out the various satellites but it depends waht you want and what your interests are - but you're unlikely to get Premiere League football, recent movies (in English) or things of an adult nature for free.

Details of packages can be found on Lyngsat LyngSat - Lyngemark Satellite and KingOfSat - European Satellite Zapping & Directory and various other sites

9. avkidmaster

avkidmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ok M8 thanks, I think i will leave this Foreign satellite tv for now. :( Nevermind. Thanks alot,for your advice.

Regards,AvkidMaster