1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

portable panasonic dvd player connection

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by caw001, Jun 18, 2003.

1. caw001

caw001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, as the title suggests I have a 42inch Daewoo, I have this plugged to a portable panasonic dvd player (lv60 I think?). This is connected via svideo.

The problem is that if I play region 1 dvds the picture is quite fuzzy, region 2 are fine. I can use the dvd player connected to my other phillips design line tv with no problems.

The dvd player doesnt seem to have any pal/ntsc selector etc and i'm told the tv automatically sets itself. It has been suggested that the dvd player is outputting in pal60 which the tv cannot understand properly?

If I cannot do anything about this then I'm happy to buy another dvd player but I dont want to find the same problem occuring.

Any ideas gratefully recieved.

2. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    Bit strange that it comes out fuzzy? Try it with composite just to see if does the same ?

The panasonic portables convert on board NTSC to PAL60 and have no selection to switch output between the two. The result should not be fuzzy though, instead what you may have is missed frames or offset picture.

It does sound like your plasma (?) can't handle the output and your philips can.