Portable mp3 player help..

Boomy

Does anyone have a suggestion for a decent MP3 player with Bluetooth?

Basically, rather than mess about with a new stereo and speakers in an imported pickup I have, I’m just going to leave a Soundcore Bluetooth speaker on the dash and connect via a n mp3 player.

I know I can do this on my phone, but I don’t want to use it for that.

I’m just after something simple with an EQ setting. Fm radio a bonus. Remote track control a bonus if they do such a thing.

All it will be used for is to drag and drop music on to from a pc so doesn’t need any bells and whistles particularly.

I’m lost in a world of unknown makes which some love, some hate and some say only worked for a month!

I don’t want to spend a fortune, but am happy for it to be more than some 30 quid wang-Chung brand if required.

I would also prefer something which won’t be made redundant or become unsupported with required updates / software!

Any suggestions good people of the AV forums?

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Hmmm I wonder could adding Bluetooth receiver to iriver h120/h140 to line in then plug headphbees to headphone

I'll this later I have h140, rockboxed

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
For drag and drop I would recommend a player that uses rockbox.

It's a old firmware but it works well, it does appear end of life for releases and for new players.

camcroft

I have used old phones as music players. You just need the right capacity so that you can fill it with a lot of music and most are Bluetooth. So win win

Jamie

Distinguished Member
@camcroft beat me to it but I was also going to suggest using a phone as a dedicated MP3 player. Something like a Huawei P30Pro is old enough to be dirt cheap. Has 128GB of storage and although the battery is going to be worn compared to new it was a pretty big battery so still should be fine.

camcroft

@camcroft beat me to it but I was also going to suggest using a phone as a dedicated MP3 player. Something like a Huawei P30Pro is old enough to be dirt cheap. Has 128GB of storage and although the battery is going to be worn compared to new it was a pretty big battery so still should be fine.
I use Apple but I have a 4s one if they want to nick it on holiday they are welcome. I have a proper Sony Dap but that won't go around the pool when on holiday as it is too good. The 4s fits the bill for me but as you say there are Android phones about that do the same thing.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom