• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Portable MP3\media player with Bluetooth?

PerfectBlue97

I'm considering replacing my MP3 player with a newer\nicer model. Does anybody have any recommendations?

I'm currently using a Ruizu X06, which I brought as an experiment. I love it, but am considering looking for something a little more upmarket as the X06 only has basic support for things like playlists.

My requirements are pretty basic, it would need to play MP3 files, support Bluetooth headphones, and have good battery life. I don't have any need to be able to play video or run apps. Being able to create a playlist on a PC and then upload it to the device would be a really nice feature to have.

It specifically needs to be a media player not a phone or a tablet. So it can't have any form of camera, and can't have a SIM card slot or wireless, or be able to send\receive any form of messages (An Ipod Touch is out due to other reasons).

Any ideas?

b0redom

Standard iPod Nano? That's what I use. Mine lasted ~ 6 hours playing Bluetooth when I got it - did a marathon and most of the drive home.

I've been using it heavily for ironman training with some Aftershokz Bluez, and the battery doesn't seem to last quite as long now, but to be fair it's taken a beating and is probably 2 years old so it's been well worth it.

PerfectBlue97

I was more looking for something that's a step up from what I already have. The Nano has fewer features and poorer battery that the one I'm already using.

PerfectBlue97

More advance playlists (Such as smart playlists), device synchronization, marking tracks as listened to once you've heard them (Podcasts, etc).

A better user interface making it easier to build playlists on the device would also be nice. Mine has a pretty poor interface for things like that, and it can only store three playlists for some reason.

I'd also like something that's bit more robust. Maybe more metal and less plastic, or a glass screen rather than a plastic one, and some splash resistance.

I wasn't sure how much I'd use a wireless MP3 player so I only brought a budget one. Now I use it all the time so I'm looking to move from the experimental model to something more suited to everyday use. It does have fantastic battery life though about 15 hours with Bluetooth. 20 hours with wired headphones.

I'm avoiding all things Apple for various reasons.

AmineBoya

Novice Member
Ruizu X06 is very similar to AGPTEK A06, there is a new MP3 player with Bluetooth from Agptek called "Agptek C05" it's better looking than X06 and A06, but its battery lasts about 12 hours, and it cannot support playlist on Bluetooth mode, neither forwarding songs.
My best recommendation would be either iPod Nano 7th generation or Philips GoGear Ariaz an 8GB MP3 Player with Bluetooth, 36 hours battery life with FM radio and FullSound feature that plays Lossless formats.

Check MP3 player advisor article about the 8 Best MP3 Player with Bluetooth for comparison.

PerfectBlue97

Ruizu X06 is very similar to AGPTEK A06, there is a new MP3 player with Bluetooth from Agptek called "Agptek C05" it's better looking than X06 and A06, but its battery lasts about 12 hours, and it cannot support playlist on Bluetooth mode, neither forwarding songs.
My best recommendation would be either iPod Nano 7th generation or Philips GoGear Ariaz an 8GB MP3 Player with Bluetooth, 36 hours battery life with FM radio and FullSound feature that plays Lossless formats.

Check MP3 player advisor article about the 8 Best MP3 Player with Bluetooth for comparison.

I think that Ruizu and AGPTEK are basically the same hardware but with different firmware. They seem to have the same functions and the same limitations.

Are there any reliable shops that stock the Phillips in the UK, it seems to be unavailable in most of the ones that I usually buy from.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom