Portable mounting Infocus IN76 HELP!

T-Rex

Standard Member
Reaction score
I went into my local 7oaks on Saturday and had a demonstration of the IN76. Thought it looked great. However, when I asked the sales guy about mounting the projector on a portable stand/ "coffee table" (and so bringing it out when I only wanted to use it) he said it really needs to be permanently mounted so all the settings will be 'correct' and thus get the best picture. He said if I only bring it out when I want to use it, I'll find I won't put it in exactly the same place and hence all the settings will have to be changed each time - and still may not get the best picture.

Is this true? I know it is probably best to have it permanently fixed to a wall/ ceiling, but I thought PJ's were designed so it is easy to bring them out only when you want to use them? I would like to know if this is true for most PJ's in this price range, but especially the IN76.

Cheers.

as long as it goes in roughly the same spot it's just a matter of tweaking the focus & zoom. no worries m8

The beauty of digital projectors is in the ease of setting them up. As already said, so long as you are not changing the position by ft and just inches each time then it will just be a matter of adjusting the focus and zoom to fit your screen.
An idea though is to place the pj on a rear shelf which is kind of in the middle between permanent and temporary placement. It is not fixed so can be removed at any time, but will happily sit there ready for when you want it.

So, do you think the sales guy was angling for their £75 fee to do a 'site' visit of my living room and then the cost of their installation service?

So, do you think the sales guy was angling for their £75 fee to do a 'site' visit of my living room and then the cost of their installation service?

Yes.

Taking a out a projector and setting it up, connecting up a dvd player etc. can be a bit of a pain but there's no brain surgery involved in pointing it at the screen and adjusting the zoom and focus, particularly when you can move the projector a bit this way or that until you're happy. It's far more convenient to have a projector ceilng mounted, and a good bit more critical in where you mount it, particularly in the case of the IN76, which doesn't have lens shift.

S.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom