1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable MiniDisc Recording

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by sifowler, Apr 14, 2003.

1. sifowler

sifowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help me out with this one :

I'm thinking of buying a Portable Minidisc recorder/player. My CD player does NOT have a digital audio out but the Amp its connected to does have one.

The question is will I be able to record via my amp or do I need to go directly from the CD player ?

2. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    The digital output on your amp will only output a digital source that it's fed from another component in your system, so in your situation, you wouldn't be able to make a digital recording of a CD through your amp (due to the fact that your CD player cannot be connected digitally to your amp).

HOWEVER, you can make analogue recordings of CD's, or Radio broadcasts, or anything else for that matter by connecting your amp to your portable MD with a "2 Phono to 3.5mm Jack" lead. This way you can record from any source that is connected, but you will need to manually put in track names/gaps etc. Every portable player I've ever come across has an analogue recording feature as well as a digital one :)

I hope that is the answer you were after, and I hope I understood what you wrote correctly... let me know if there's anything more I can help you out with :)

K.