• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Portable media player to record from one TV & play on another?

Starbucks78

Standard Member
Hello All,

Looking for some advice on small portable media players pretty much as the title says. We are going on holiday in March and I want to be able to record some TV for my daughter (she's only 2 and watches certain programmes before bedtime!) and then play it back on the hotel room tv most likely through the RCA video in socket. For ease I'd just like to be able to record direct from the tv or freeview box (no downloading etc).
Is this possible?
If yes, what do you recommend?
Dont want to spend loads of money say £100 max as the holiday cost enough! Simple plug n play will do. Even second hand player if it works.

Thank in advance for your advice.

Steve.

ffm_uk

Standard Member
You could use one of the Archos series of players; however to be able to actually record from a TV source you need to purchase a 'DVR dock' alongside a player such as the Archos 605.

Currys were recently clearing out the 605 for about £100, but the DVR dock will set you back a further £50.

Starbucks78

Standard Member
That is out of my price range really just for a 2 week holiday. I'm sure a year or so ago I remember seeing the gadget show or something which had a device that records direct from a source / tv. Really cant remember what is was though.
Anyone else know?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom