Portable Laptop

stahlfresser

Standard Member
Hi, need to buy new laptop, I travel alot so would like light weight , good battery life, capable of video conference. Most advanced things I do are simple spread sheets and databases. Thought at first about sony tt series. But £1700 seems indulgent, could I buy something for a third or 50% of the price. I have a PS3 so need for HMDI link. Paul

ARNOLD AKIEN

Hi, need to buy new laptop, I travel alot so would like light weight , good battery life, capable of video conference. Most advanced things I do are simple spread sheets and databases. Thought at first about sony tt series. But £1700 seems indulgent, could I buy something for a third or 50% of the price. I have a PS3 so need for HMDI link. Paul

Hi stahlfresser and welcome to the forums,

Variations on this question do come up on the forums fairly often ... not that it isn't a Good Question. :D

To save on time I suggest that you have a look at this thread ...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/laptops-mini-pcs/999428-laptop-advice-needed.html

Note my own posts on that short thread and follow the links to the Dell Outlet site and the threads that emerge from that.

Dell is one of the Worlds BIG companies that supply Laptops and I'm continually bombarded with e mails of their latest offers since I bought my laptop, which purchase history you will find by looking through the threads that I've pointed you toward.My own laptop is still behaving itself despite it being out on ' loan ' to my Ladyfriend - how I do wish that I'd added the £50 accidental damage cover when I bought it. :devil:

I'd be very surprised if you couldn't match your specification with a Dell machine for around about £500.

Best Wishes,

Arnold.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Right now the popular parts of the ultraportable market are the very cheap ones (eee 1000HE, Samsung NC10/NC20) and the very expensive end (sony TT), but there are a few mid-range ultraportables coming out now such as the Acer Timeline 3810T.

stahlfresser

Standard Member
Thanks, have you anythoughts on which would be the best of the above. Does anybody know if the UX 50 comes with 3g

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T/9x Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom