portable heating needed

mr gothic

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi

any recomondations on portable heating on budget of £50 - £100 to warm up loft cinema room 20ft by 10ft.
must be quiet,maybe 2 smaller models,low energy if possible.
anybody using portable heating.

thank you for any help

hi
thank you for the reply
i need something portable which i can move if need be

cheers

ah ha i got you know erm im kinda lost then realy , if you get a gas heater then its fire hazard and not sure on the fumes side :rolleyes: if they still do them lol

oh yeh lol i forgot about these , and to be onest they are good i know some people that use them in there out buildins in the winter and yeh they chuck out some heat

I have used a mixture of electric convection, fan and oil filled in my kitchen over the years . Oil filled provided the most comfortable heat.
They were all bloody expensive to run.

Last edited:
I use oil filled portable radiators. They throw some serious heat out so make sure you get one with a thermostat.

Our central heating recently broke down and we had to have a new boiler. Before this was installed we used a couple of oil fired radiators as a temporay measure.
They work very well and give off a good heat.

One thing to watch out for is the thermostat, which makes a loud click when it goes on or off. This could be seriously irritating in a listening room. Some of the more expensive models have electronic thermostats, which should be virtually silent.

I've tried convector, fan and oil. Oil by far is the most comfortable heat. More constant rather than fan and convector which is hot when it's on but then cold when it's off. Where as oil maintains heat .

hi guys thank you for your replys do you any links to the models your using my room is 22ft by 10ft with a low ceiling

cheers

It would be worth your while having a look at the Argos website as they do a very extensive range of different models. You are going to need a fairly high powered model say 3Kw or maybe two smaller radiators of 2Kw, as you have a fairly large room.

I take it the room room already exists. I would sugest that you take some time to see if you could improve the thermal insulation of the room. This is likely to make more comfortable in both summer/winter and also reduce the running costs of the radiators. Loth of 20 years ago often had minimal insulation and were notorous for being too hot or cold.

It would be worth your while having a look at the Argos website as they do a very extensive range of different models. You are going to need a fairly high powered model say 3Kw or maybe two smaller radiators of 2Kw, as you have a fairly large room.

I take it the room room already exists. I would sugest that you take some time to see if you could improve the thermal insulation of the room. This is likely to make more comfortable in both summer/winter and also reduce the running costs of the radiators. Loth of 20 years ago often had minimal insulation and were notorous for being too hot or cold.

i was thinking of 2 smaller ones from the argos site theres a lot to choose from not sure which are the better ones,i was thinking of the delongi range

i was thinking of 2 smaller ones from the argos site theres a lot to choose from not sure which are the better ones,i was thinking of the delongi range

There is not much to chose between different models. The price tends to vary with the size i.e. 1Kw or 2Kw, controls such as timers and the design.
De Longi models are fine.

If you are going for two radiators, you might be interested this model from Screwfix, at a very good price

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/92239/Heating-Cooling/Electric-Heating/7Fin-Oil-Filled-Radiator

a very good price,do you know anybody has used one?

Yes, me. Used one in our Kitchen when the CH wasn't working. Worked well, our Kitchen is about 15 x 11 feet. However, did notice the thermostat going on/off, not all that often, but a fairly loud click.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom