1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

portable dvd problems

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by lar113, Dec 28, 2004.

1. lar113

lar113

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I received an Alba portable DVD for Xmas and I'm having difficulty getting it to work through the TV. Can anyone help? I've followed the instructions for connection with and without a scart connector and I've tried it on 3 TVs now. Is there a really simple thing I'm missing? With ordinary DVDs as soon as you connect and switch on it takes over from the TV and loads automatically but I just can't get the protable to do the same. Has anyone solved this problem?

2. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    try pressing the av button on your tvs remote.ie selecting the scart channel manually

3. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,082
    Moved to DVD Players forum

4. broxy

broxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a venturer model and have the same problem connecting to the T.V(I'm also selecting the A.V channel)

5. bowler900

bowler900

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Most portable DVD's do not use scart for transfer of video information they use composite video with possibly a scart type plug on the end, this is unlikly to carry pin 8 which carries out the auto switching function, many cheap scart leads also fail in this manner as to save money they only use 4 wires not the fullscart compliment.